Subject: [TLS] Verifying the PRF output

From: Robert Withers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:33:45 -0700

Is there any sample input and output so I can check that my PRF is  
functioning correctly?   I am getting MAC errors both as the client  
and as the server, so I suspect the encryption is hokey, and that  
points to a key_block problem.

thanks for any assistance,
Robert

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:48:27 +0300

> points to a key_block problem.

I once had a similar problem, and this is what I did: I downloaded
OpenSSL source code, and added some debugging printf's to ssl/s3_enc.c
(ssl3_generate_master_secret and ssl3_generate_key_block functions),
and then tested my implementation against the openssl s_client/s_server
command line tools.

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: Robert Withers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:32:04 -0700

I was thinking this would be what I would need to do.  Thanks for the  
tips on where the pertinent functions are.

cheers,
Robert