Subject: [TLS] New version of draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:36:49 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Eric and Joe,

I uploaded a new version of draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm that
combines AES-128 with SHA-256 and AES-256 with SHA-384 only; as discussed
late on the mailing list. All combinations of AES-128 with SHA-384 as well
as all combinations of AES-256 with SHA-256 have been removed.

With the lack of objections on the list, and after completing TLS 1.2,
RFC5289 and RFC5288, I would like to propose you to issue WGLC for that
document.

Best regards,
Badra
_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:13:36 +0200 (MESZ)

Folks,
I have once more studied the new version of the draft,
    draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm-02,
and reported off-list a bunch of editorial nits, and proposals
for small textual improvements in the Abstract and Introduction.
I guess the list is not interested in the details, only in the
outcome.

I only had a single technical point:

  There's an imbalance in the portfolio regarding cipher suites
  with NULL encryption -- cf. Sections 3.1 & 3.2 vs. Section 3.3.

  Because RFC 4785 did not make a distinction in the SHA-1 case,
  I have proposed to add to Section 3.3 (and Section 5) the
  'missing' corresponding cipher suite definitions for SHA-2,
  TLS_RSA_PSK_WITH_NULL_SHA{256|384}.

Any objections?

Otherwise, I see no open issues, and support entering WGLC
as soon as the suggested improvements have been considered.
The above question IMO might be left open for WGLC discussion.

Best regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:02:36 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Alfred, and all

Many thanks for your review. A new version has been submitted yesterday,
it incorporated the proposed textual improvements (The new version is
available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm-03.txt),
and your proposal on the new cipher suites as well.

I hope the WG chairs can proceed to a WGLC.

Best regards,
Badra

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Alfred HÎnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

Folks,

Any objections?

Best regards,
 Alfred.

--