Subject: [TLS] draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb-06.txt

From: Rob Dugal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:01:10 -0400

>From section 4:
   Server and client certificates used to establish a Suite B-compliant
   connection MUST be signed with ECDSA.  For certificates used at the
   128-bit security level, the subject public key MUST use the P-256
   curve, and the digital signature MUST be calculated using the P-256
   curve and the SHA-256 hash algorithm.  For certificates used at the
   192-bit security level, the subject public key MUST use the P-384
   curve, and the digital signature MUST be calculated using the P-384
   curve and the SHA-384 hash algorithm.

Does this only apply to the client/server certificates or every certificate in the client/server chain?

-----------------------------------------------
Robert Dugal
Member of Development Group
Certicom Corp.
EMAIL: [email-masked]
PHONE: (905) 501-3848
FAX  : (905) 507-4230
WEBSITE: www.certicom.com

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:25:53 +0200 (MEST)

> certificate in the client/server chain?

Intuitively I would expect an exact match requirement for the
end-entity cert and a "at least" requirement for the CA hierarchy
up to and including the TA or rootCA cert.

The description should probably be expanded and the requirements for
the CAs / path certs explicitly described to clarify the situation.

-Martin