Subject: [TLS] could we add a record in hello request?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:34:54 +0800

hi

  Given we have PSK between client and server. we would like to use PSK 
TLS to establish connection between client and server.
 
  if Server want to send hello request to client and then client can begin 
to handshake with sever by sending clientHello.
 
  here I have one question:
 
  if one bad guy forge the hello request and send to many clients, the 
clients will send client Hello to server, it will lead to the attack to 
server.

  so I think whether we can add record in hello request, this record acts 
as MAC which can be produced based on PSK.
 
  the record can protect the server against the attack.

  the client received the hello request and verify it according this 
record, if it's valid, then it will process it( send clientHello or ignore 
).

  could you give me some suggestion on it?

  thanks

  Best Regards

Terry(HongYan) Wang

---------------------------------------------------
Address: System Architecture Department, Central Institute, ZTE 
Corporation
Room 2A3, No. 68, Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing, China
Zipcode: 210012
Office Telephone: 
Mobile Telephone: +86-15905178852
Fax: +86-25-52878008
MSN: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.