Subject: [TLS] RFC 5487 on Pre-Shared Key Cipher Suites for TLS with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter Mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:12:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5487

        Title:      Pre-Shared Key Cipher Suites for 
                    TLS with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois 
                    Counter Mode 
        Author:     M. Badra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15537
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5487.txt

RFC 4279 and RFC 4785 describe pre-shared key cipher suites for
Transport Layer Security (TLS).  However, all those cipher suites use
SHA-1 in their Message Authentication Code (MAC) algorithm.  This
document describes a set of pre-shared key cipher suites for TLS that
uses stronger digest algorithms (i.e., SHA-256 or SHA-384) and
another set that uses the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in
Galois Counter Mode (GCM).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute