Subject: [TLS] RFC 5489 on ECDHE_PSK Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5489

        Title:      ECDHE_PSK Cipher Suites for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     M. Badra, I. Hajjeh
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14194
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5489.txt

This document extends RFC 4279, RFC 4492, and RFC 4785 and specifies
a set of cipher suites that use a pre-shared key (PSK) to
authenticate an Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman exchange with Ephemeral
keys (ECDHE).  These cipher suites provide Perfect Forward Secrecy
(PFS).  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute