Subject: [TLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shin-tls-augpake-01.txt

From: SeongHan Shin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:39:04 +0900

Dear all,

I submitted a new version of our I-D regarding augmented PAKE (AugPAKE) and
its integration into TLS.
I added some features of AugPAKE in Appendix.
Any comments are welcome!

Best regards,
Shin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shin-tls-augpake-01.txt
To: Kazukuni Kobara <[email-masked]>, SeongHan Shin <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-shin-tls-augpake-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by SeongHan Shin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-shin-tls-augpake
Revision:        01
Title:           Augmented Password-Authenticated Key Exchange for
Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Creation date:   2013-09-04
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shin-tls-augpake-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-tls-augpake
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shin-tls-augpake-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shin-tls-augpake-01

Abstract:
   This document describes an efficient augmented password-authenticated
   key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user remembers a low-entropy
   password and its verifier is registered in the intended server.  In
   general, the user password is chosen from a small set of dictionary
   whose space is within the off-line dictionary attacks.  The AugPAKE
   protocol described here is secure against passive attacks, active
   attacks and off-line dictionary attacks (on the obtained messages
   with passive/active attacks), and also provides resistance to server
   compromise (in the context of augmented PAKE security).  Based on the
   AugPAKE protocol, this document also specifies a new password-only
   authentication handshake for Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
SeongHan Shin
Research Institute for Secure Systems (RISEC),
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST),
Central 2, 1-1-1, Umezono, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8568 Japan
Tel : +81-29-861-2670/5284
Fax : +81-29-861-5285
E-mail : [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------