Subject: [TLS] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-07.txt> (AES-CCM ECC Cipher Suites for TLS) to Informational RFC

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:54:24 -0400

FYI ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-07.txt> (AES-CCM ECC 
Cipher Suites for TLS) to Informational RFC
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:32:46 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'AES-CCM ECC Cipher Suites for TLS'
   <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
    in the Counter and CBC-MAC Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport
    Layer Security (TLS) to provide confidentiality and data origin
    authentication.  The AES-CCM algorithm is amenable to compact
    implementations, making it suitable for constrained environments.
    The ciphersuites defined in this document use Elliptic Curve
    Cryptography (ECC), and are advantageous in networks with limited
    bandwidth.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

    http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1352/
    http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1443/