Subject: [TLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:34:30 +0300

Hi,

Ralph Holz and myself just submitted version -01 of the draft, with a 
large number of changes based on the lively discussion on the mailing 
list. Further comments are of course very welcome.

Change log:

    o  Clarified our motivation in the introduction.
    o  Added a section justifying the need for PFS.
    o  Added recommendations for RSA and DH parameter lengths.  Moved
       from DHE to ECDHE, with a discussion on whether/when DHE is
       appropriate.
    o  Recommendation to avoid fallback to SSLv3.
    o  Initial information about browser support - more still needed!
    o  More clarity on compression.
    o  Client can offer stronger cipher suites.
    o  Discussion of the regular TLS mandatory cipher suite.

In addition, we request that the TLS working group adopt this document. 
We believe it can be most effective as a working group document, far 
more than it can ever be as an AD-sponsored RFC.

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01.txt
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:27:28 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>, Ralph Holz <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sheffer-tls-bcp
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Recommendations for Secure Use of TLS and DTLS
Creation date:	 2013-09-20
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-tls-bcp
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-tls-bcp-01

Abstract:
    Over the last few years there have been several serious attacks on
    TLS, including attacks on its most commonly used ciphers and modes of
    operation.  This document offers recommendations on securely using
    the TLS and DTLS protocols, given existing standards and
    implementations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:37:26 -0400

> In addition, we request that the TLS working group adopt this document.

+1  This is an important document.

	/r$

--  
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technology
Cambridge, MA

---

From: "Christian Kahlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:12:30 +0200

> +1  This is an important document.

Read. +1.

-- 
Christian Kahlo, Research Manager IT-Security, http://www.ageto.de
[email-masked], Tel. +49-3641-3678-305, Fax +49-3641-3678-101
AGETO Innovation GmbH, Winzerlaer Straße 2, D-07745 Jena
Geschäftsführung: P. Israel, S. Sauer, S. Scheppe HR: Amtsgericht Jena, HRB
210399