Subject: [TLS] RFC 7250 on Using Raw Public Keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:15:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7250

        Title:      Using Raw Public Keys in 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram 
                    Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
        Author:     P. Wouters, Ed.,
                    H. Tschofenig, Ed.,
                    J. Gilmore,
                    S. Weiler,
                    T. Kivinen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 38040
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7250.txt

This document specifies a new certificate type and two TLS extensions
for exchanging raw public keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and
Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS).  The new certificate type
allows raw public keys to be used for authentication.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC