Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20.txt> (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Cached Information Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 06:28:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Cached Information Extension'
  <draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes often include fairly static
   information, such as the server certificate and a list of trusted
   certification authorities (CAs).  This information can be of
   considerable size, particularly if the server certificate is bundled
   with a complete certificate chain (i.e., the certificates of
   intermediate CAs up to the root CA).

   This document defines an extension that allows a TLS client to inform
   a server of cached information, allowing the server to omit already
   available information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

RFC 4634 has been obsoleted by RFC 6234. We'll fix the reference
later.