Subject: [TLS] Review of https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-00

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:06:27 -0800

This is good.

I have an editorial comment: can someone please go through and
reconcile all the use of bits and bytes throughout.  It actually seems
like someone did a coin flip on every occurrence to decide which one
to use.

---

From: Adam Langley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:26:32 -0800

> like someone did a coin flip on every occurrence to decide which one

-01 already has some cleanups.

But there's inevitably going to be some use of both bits and bytes in
a draft such as this since keys are generally measured in bits but
wire protocols are generally measured in bytes. I looked over each use
of "bit" and "byte" in -01 and changed one key length to bits, but
otherwise I think each use is about right.

Cheers

AGL

-- 
Adam Langley [email-masked] https://www.imperialviolet.org