Subject: Re: [TLS] WGLC for ChaCha20-poly1305 ciphers

From: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:49:32 -0800

The working group last call for draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-03>poly1305-03
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-03> has
completed.  A new draft has been submitted draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-
poly1305-04
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-04>.  There
has been some discussion of changing the PRF digest function for the cipher
suites.  The chairs do not believe there is working group consensus to make
a change.  We will forward this draft to the IESG and ask the working group
if there is objection to early code point assignment.

Thanks,

J&S

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-03>
> poly1305-03
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-03> has
> been submitted incorporating feedback from working group discussions. In
> particular the construction now matches what is used in TLS 1.3.   Please
> review the draft and send any comments by December 17, 2015.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J&S
>