Subject: [TLS] PR# 444, 445

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 17:20:38 -0700

Hi folks,

I've posted two PRs:
https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/444
https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/445

These enact several consensus decisions from Buenos-Aires:

1. Remove 0-RTT (EC)DHE leaving only PSK-based 0-RTT (444)
2. Remove 0-RTT client auth (444)
3. Enhance the NewSessionTicket message to include indicators about
permissible
cipher suites and whether 0-RTT is allowed (445, but based on 444).

These are still a bit of a WIP but should be ready for people to take a
look (Ilari
already has) to make sure that they are what you expect. In particular,
please
take a look at the way I've handled the 0-RTT parameters, which is to not
expliclty
signal any of them and to require that the server use the ones from the
ticket and
validate that essentially all of them match the newly negotiated parameters
for
the resumed session. Ilari has suggested that we should instead only require
matching for a small number (based on individualized analysis).

-Ekr

P.S. I know that these are missing EncryptedExtensions from the client.
That's on my list to do soon.