Subject: [TLS] performance issue

From: Abhishek Tiwari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 00:30:33 +0530

Hello,

Our application uses TLS  and we upgraded tls 1.6 -> 1.6.4
Due to this , Issues like high CPU usage, application not responsive(for
client connections) started coming

Reverting back to  1.6 solved issue for couple of customers
Upgrading to  1.6.7 solved issue for most of customers(windows+linux)

Now one particular customer has reported such issue with 1.6.7 as well.
This customer is on  Windows.

The reason for the problem arised with upgrade :  tls 1.6 -> 1.6.4, was
described by the peer developer was :
-----------------------------
The cause of the issue is in the lmtcl/tls(TLS protocol implementation for
Tcl) which was updated from 1.6 to 1.6.4
The bug was in static int TlsNotifyProc(instanceData, mask) function which
is defined in tlsIO.c file. Infinite loop in this function is executed in
separate

"notifier" thread and in tls1.6.4 it applies I/O load to the main
application thread, so it consumes 100% CPU.
--------------------------------
Please let me how relevant is this

Regards
Abhishek

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 22:58:55 +0000

This sounds like implementation problems; not sure what package “tls 1.6.7” is, but contact your vendor.

This mailing list is for discussion and evolution of the TLS *protocol*

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: [email-masked] Twitter: RichSalz