Subject: [TLS] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04.txt

From: John Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:13:50 +0000

Hi,

A minor update. draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead is a normative reference
in draft-ietf-tls-tls13-12. The new version -04 is updated with the code
points from draft-ietf-tls-tls13-12. draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead
defines ecdhe-psk cipehersuites for both TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3.

Cheers,
John

On 07/04/16 09:35, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04.txt
>has been successfully submitted by John Mattsson and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead
>Revision:	04
>Title:		ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport
>Layer Security (TLS)
>Document date:	2016-04-07
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		6
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04.
>txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04
>
>Abstract:
>   This document defines several new cipher suites for the Transport
>   Layer Security (TLS) protocol.  The cipher suites are all based on
>   the Ephemeral Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman with Pre-Shared Key
>   (ECDHE_PSK) key exchange together with the Authenticated Encryption
>   with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithms AES-GCM and AES-CCM.  PSK
>   provides light and efficient authentication, ECDHE provides perfect
>   forward secrecy, and AES-GCM and AES-CCM provides encryption and
>   integrity protection.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>

---

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:19:14 +0000

John Mattsson <[email-masked]> writes:

>in draft-ietf-tls-tls13-12. 

And it'll be a reference for TLS-LTS, since it fills the gap for the missing
TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256.

Peter.