Subject: [TLS] RFC 7905 on ChaCha20-Poly1305 Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7905

        Title:      ChaCha20-Poly1305 Cipher Suites for 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     A. Langley, 
                    W. Chang,
                    N. Mavrogiannopoulos,
                    J. Strombergson,
                    S. Josefsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15575
        Updates:    RFC 5246, RFC 6347

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7905

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7905

This document describes the use of the ChaCha stream cipher and
Poly1305 authenticator in the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and
Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocols.

This document updates RFCs 5246 and 6347.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:50:46 -0400

Congrats to all involved!

spt

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 18:33, [email-masked] wrote:
>