Subject: [TLS] Updated TLS-LTS draft posted

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:13:01 +0000

I've just posted the latest draft, as per Russ' comments and Hubert Kario's
suggestion this removes any mention of the term "profile" from the text, it's
now called an update.  It also clarifies some issues that were encountered
during testing, for example what happens during a rehandshake and how
signalling of LTS vs. extended master secret and encrypt-then-MAC are handled.

There's also an open question as to what should happen when a suite with e.g.
SHA-512 is negotiated.  The LTS mandatory suites all use SHA-256, but it's
possible to negotiate a suite with SHA-512 while still using LTS.  Presumably
this means the hash size will change to 64 bytes rather than 32.

Finally, there's now a LTS test server available for interop testing,
temporarily using the next free extension value 26 until a value is
permanently assigned for LTS use, see the draft for details.
     
Peter.

---

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 09:26:00 -0400

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-gutmann-tls-lts-03&url2=draft-gutmann-tls-lts-04

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Peter Gutmann
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

-- 
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Chief Technologist, Center for Democracy & Technology [https://www.cdt.org]
1401 K ST NW STE 200, Washington DC 20005-3497
e: [email-masked], p: 202.407.8825, pgp: https://josephhall.org/gpg-key
Fingerprint: 3CA2 8D7B 9F6D DBD3 4B10  1607 5F86 6987 40A9 A871