Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 03:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+2/-7/💬17)
  2 issues created:
  - Consider shortening config_id to 8 bytes (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/342 
  - Stateless HRR and split mode (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/333 

  6 issues received 17 new comments:
  - #333 Stateless HRR and split mode (2 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/333 
  - #331 Encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner is a little ambiguous (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/331 
  - #326 No encryption AD specified (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/326 
  - #325 Specify cross-HRR key rotation issue(s) (10 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/325 
  - #262 "outer_extensions" mechanism is lossy compression (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/262 [needs WG discussion] [ready-for-text] 
  - #118 Is there a debug/development server to test client side implementation (2 by ValZapod, avened)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/118 

  7 issues closed:
  - Re-re-visit outer ClientHello binding (saves 65 bytes) https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/323 
  - Tidy up all codepoints before -08 https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/322 
  - Specify cross-HRR key rotation issue(s) https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/325 
  - "outer_extensions" mechanism is lossy compression https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/262 [needs WG discussion] [ready-for-text] 
  - Encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner is a little ambiguous https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/331 
  - No encryption AD specified https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/326 
  - ClientHello construction order is inconsistent https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/329 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+1/-0/💬16)
  1 issues created:
  - Clarification - variable length CID encoding MUST be deterministic (by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/76 

  1 issues received 16 new comments:
  - #76 Clarification - variable length CID encoding MUST be deterministic (16 by ad-l, boaks, jsalowey, kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/76 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+11/-12/💬10)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Only extract 8 bytes for the config_id (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/345 
  - Trial decryption and ECHConfig binding fixes (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/344 
  - Pick from an unassigned range. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/343 
  - Fix up description of server message forwarding. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/341 
  - Remove remnant of ECH PSKs and non-ECH PSKs. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/340 
  - Clarify client-facing server HRR behavior (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/339 
  - Add an OPEN ISSUE for stateless HRR and split mode. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/338 
  - Tweak section titles and comparison against criteria. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/337 
  - Replace inner_digest with ClientHelloOuterAAD (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/336 
  - Disambiguate the encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/335 
  - Resolve missing outer ClientHello guidance. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/334 

  6 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #345 Only extract 8 bytes for the config_id (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/345 
  - #343 Pick from an unassigned range. (2 by chris-wood, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/343 
  - #339 Clarify client-facing server HRR behavior (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/339 
  - #336 Replace inner_digest with ClientHelloOuterAAD (3 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/336 
  - #335 Disambiguate the encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner. (2 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/335 
  - #293 Revise "outer_extension" (postponed until after -08) (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/293 

  12 pull requests merged:
  - Trial decryption and ECHConfig binding fixes
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/344 
  - Replace inner_digest with ClientHelloOuterAAD
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/336 
  - Pick from an unassigned range.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/343 
  - Clarify client-facing server HRR behavior
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/339 
  - Fix up description of server message forwarding.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/341 
  - Remove remnant of ECH PSKs and non-ECH PSKs.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/340 
  - Resolve missing outer ClientHello guidance.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/334 
  - Disambiguate the encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/335 
  - Tweak section titles and comparison against criteria.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/337 
  - Add an OPEN ISSUE for stateless HRR and split mode.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/338 
  - Define error-handling for missing outer extension
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/328 
  - Consistently construct ClientHelloInner before ClientHelloOuter.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/330 

* tlswg/oldversions-deprecate (+3/-2/💬1)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Ref for 800-52r2 (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/8 
  - Historic (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/7 
  - Text for ISE RFCs (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/6 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #7 Historic (1 by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/7 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Text for ISE RFCs
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/6 
  - Ref for 800-52r2
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/8 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease