Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 03:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate (+2/-1/💬1)
  2 issues created:
  - Update KM's address (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/issues/10 
  - Address Roman's AD comments (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/issues/9 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #10 Update KM's address (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/issues/10 

  1 issues closed:
  - Update KM's address https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/issues/10 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+6/-4/💬23)
  6 issues created:
  - Encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner is a little ambiguous (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/331 
  - ClientHello construction order is inconsistent (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/329 
  - No encryption AD specified (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/326 
  - Specify cross-HRR key rotation issue(s) (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/325 
  - Clarify that CHInner ECH payload contents (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/324 
  - Re-re-visit outer ClientHello binding (saves 65 bytes) (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/323 

  6 issues received 23 new comments:
  - #331 Encoded vs actual ClientHelloInner is a little ambiguous (2 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/331 
  - #326 No encryption AD specified (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/326 
  - #325 Specify cross-HRR key rotation issue(s) (5 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/325 
  - #324 Clarify that CHInner ECH payload contents (2 by chris-wood, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/324 
  - #323 Re-re-visit outer ClientHello binding (saves 65 bytes) (12 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/323 
  - #295 Greasing to supporting servers (1 by wbl)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/295 

  4 issues closed:
  - Possible to simplify interaction with session resumption? https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/285 
  - Clarify that CHInner ECH payload contents https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/324 
  - Add note on network/transport failure probability and ECH confirmation collision https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/307 
  - Greasing to supporting servers https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/295 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Address Roman's AD comments (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/37 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - DTLS 1.3 header format (by awcunning)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/153 

* tlswg/oldversions-deprecate (+1/-1/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Update KM's address (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/issues/5 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #5 Update KM's address (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/issues/5 

  1 issues closed:
  - Update KM's address https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/issues/5 

* tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Address Roman's AD Comments (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/66 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate (+1/-2/💬4)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - AD Review Comments (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/8 

  2 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #8 AD Review Comments (3 by KME, seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/8 
  - #7 added IANA considerations (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/7 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - AD Review Comments
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/8 
  - added IANA considerations
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/7 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+4/-6/💬10)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Note -05 of HPKE for this version of ECH. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/332 
  - Consistently construct ClientHelloInner before ClientHelloOuter. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/330 
  - Define error-handling for missing outer extension (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/328 
  - Rewrite "Resumption PSK Oracle Mitigation". (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/327 

  3 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #317 Simplify session resumption logic. (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/317 
  - #313 Replace record-level padding with handshake-level padding (4 by chris-wood, davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/313 
  - #293 Revise "outer_extension" (postponed until after -08) (5 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/293 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Note -05 of HPKE for this version of ECH.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/332 
  - Bump ech_hrr_key length to 32 bytes to align with latest HPKE changes.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/315 
  - Rewrite "Resumption PSK Oracle Mitigation".
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/327 
  - Simplify session resumption logic.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/317 
  - Clarify our lack of concern around 2^{-64} acceptance signal collision probabilities
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/318 
  - Fix ECH and version negotiation order.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/320 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+1/-1/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Oid fix (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/81 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #81 Oid fix (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/81 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Oid fix
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/81 

* tlswg/oldversions-deprecate (+0/-2/💬0)
  2 pull requests merged:
  - Updates from AD review
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/3 
  - obsolete 7507
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/4 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease