Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 03:33:00 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+3/-2/💬28)
  3 issues created:
  - Tidy up all codepoints before -08 (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/322 
  - legacy_session_id should match between inner and outer (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/310 
  - Ensuring 1.3 is used when ECH is accepted (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/309 

  5 issues received 28 new comments:
  - #310 legacy_session_id should match between inner and outer (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/310 
  - #309 Ensuring 1.3 is used when ECH is accepted (10 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/309 
  - #295 Greasing to supporting servers (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/295 
  - #264 Handshake-level vs record-level padding (12 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/264 [needs WG discussion] 
  - #233 Trial decryption after HelloRetryRequest (3 by cjpatton, ocheron)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/233 

  2 issues closed:
  - Ensuring 1.3 is used when ECH is accepted https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/309 
  - legacy_session_id should match between inner and outer https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/310 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+11/-4/💬20)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify client handling of retry keys with GREASE. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/321 
  - Fix ECH and version negotiation order. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/320 
  - Clarify client-facing server GREASE behavior (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/319 
  - Clarify our lack of concern around 2^{-64} acceptance signal collision probabilities (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/318 
  - Simplify session resumption logic. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/317 
  - Require HRR-sensitive parameters match in ClientHello(Outer|Inner). (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/316 
  - Bump ech_hrr_key length to 32 bytes to align with latest HPKE changes. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/315 
  - Fix a line break (and make CI happy) (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/314 
  - Replace record-level padding with handshake-level padding (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/313 
  - Match legacy_session_id values. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/312 
  - Fix bug in HRR behavior (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/311 

  6 pull requests received 20 new comments:
  - #321 Clarify client handling of retry keys with GREASE. (4 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/321 
  - #320 Fix ECH and version negotiation order. (2 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/320 
  - #319 Clarify client-facing server GREASE behavior (5 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/319 
  - #315 Bump ech_hrr_key length to 32 bytes to align with latest HPKE changes. (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/315 
  - #312 Match legacy_session_id values. (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/312 
  - #311 Clarify HRR behavior (6 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/311 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify client handling of retry keys with GREASE.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/321 
  - Fix a line break (and make CI happy)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/314 
  - Clarify HRR behavior
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/311 
  - Match legacy_session_id values.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/312 

* tlswg/oldversions-deprecate (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - obsolete 7507 (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/pull/4 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease