Subject: [TLS] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-dtls13-41: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:00:58 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-dtls13-41: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls13/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for this well written document.

A couple of minor suggestions:

1) Although it is clear from the metadata, it might be helpful if the
introduction also stated that it obsoletes DTLS 1.2.

2) This document is a set of deltas against TLS 1.3.  Given that it talks about
the DTLS 1.1/1.2 documents being deltas in the introduction, I would have also
included that information for this document in the introduction rather than in
the Terminology and Considerations section.  Initially, having read the
introduction I had assumed that it was not going to be deltas.

Regards,
Rob