Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 03:38:36 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+7/-2/💬22)
  7 issues created:
  - ECH complexity (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/401 
  - Hard to imagine ECH handling in constant time - ponder and document? (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/400 
  - The serverhello.random trick is ugly and might interact with ticket handling... (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/399 
  - Is the outer compression really worthwhile? (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/398 
  - Including the client's ephemeral public key in the AAD precludes use of a single-shot HPKE API (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/397 
  - A MUST for inclusion of public_name in outer SNI seems wrong (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/396 
  - (Editorial) Add some more structure to "Offering ECH" (by sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/395 

  8 issues received 22 new comments:
  - #399 The serverhello.random trick is ugly and might interact with ticket handling... (2 by davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/399 
  - #398 Is the outer compression really worthwhile? (2 by davidben, sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/398 
  - #397 Including the client's ephemeral public key in the AAD precludes use of a single-shot HPKE API (2 by davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/397 
  - #396 A MUST for inclusion of public_name in outer SNI seems wrong (11 by cbartle891, chris-wood, davidben, dmcardle, ekr, sayrer, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/396 
  - #386 Fixed-length values should probably be fixed-length (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/386 
  - #384 PSK usage sticks out (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/384 
  - #379 Consider a shorter config ID length (2 by chris-wood, enygren)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/379 
  - #378 Naive outer_extensions decoding is a DoS risk (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/378 

  2 issues closed:
  - Include changelog going forward https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/388 
  - Fixed-length values should probably be fixed-length https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/386 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+2/-1/💬18)
  2 issues created:
  - HRR server behavior is underspecified (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1224 
  - HRR consistency requirements are too strict (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1223 

  6 issues received 18 new comments:
  - #1224 HRR server behavior is underspecified (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1224 
  - #1223 HRR consistency requirements are too strict (5 by davidben, martinthomson, richsalz, tomato42)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1223 
  - #1221 Unsolicited extensions (5 by ekr, jhoyla, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1221 
  - #1214 Implication of Recommended/Not Recommended (5 by chris-wood, dkg, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1214 
  - #1212 general alert (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1212 
  - #1208 Contradition around user_cancelled (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1208 

  1 issues closed:
  - Unsolicited extensions https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1221 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+4/-0/💬4)
  4 issues created:
  - IANA section slight reorg (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/91 
  - Assorted typos (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/90 
  - Zero-length CID clarifications (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/89 
  - Missing RFC 8174 boilerplate (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/88 

  4 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #91 IANA section slight reorg (1 by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/91 
  - #90 Assorted typos (1 by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/90 
  - #89 Zero-length CID clarifications (1 by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/89 
  - #88 Missing RFC 8174 boilerplate (1 by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/88 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+1/-3/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Retarget #384 (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/394 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #381 Truncate the config_id to a single byte. (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/381 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Retarget #384
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/394 
  - Truncate the config_id to a single byte.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/381 
  - Add -09 to -10 change log.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/392 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+1/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify that indications are just requests with no response. Fixes #1221 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1222 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify that indications are just requests with no response. Fixes #1221
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1222 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+4/-0/💬0)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Added Acknowledgements (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/95 
  - Improved readability of the IANA Consideration Section (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/94 
  - Nits (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/93 
  - Adding reference to RFC 8174 (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/92 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team