Subject: [TLS] Roman Danyliw's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 12:39:51 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Rich Salz for the SECDIR review.

** Section 6.1.  Consider providing information references for OpenSSL,
BoringSSL, mbedTLS, gnuTLS and wolfSSL

** Section 6.1.  Should it be noted that some libraries (E.g., OpenSSL,
BoringSSL, mbedTLS) support PSK lengths below the threshold recommend in this
document (i.e., smaller than 128-bits per Section 6)?

** Editorial nits:

-- Section 4.1.  Typo. s/mitigiation/mitigation/
-- Section 6.  Duplicate word. s/exchange exchange/exchange/
-- Section 8. Typo. s/beynond/beyond/