Subject: [TLS] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 00:33:58 -0800

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[S4; nit]

* s/quantum computes/quantum computers/?

[S4.2; nit]

* "including, for example, including ..." -> "including, for example, ..."

[S5.2; nit]

* "or even less number of buttons" -> "or even fewer buttons", perhaps

* "baked into or hardware or software" -> "baked into hardware or software"

[S5.3; question]

* What does "routable" mean in an identities context?  Perhaps there is
  some simpler rewording that preserves the essential meaning (or maybe
  this is well-understood and I'm just not up to speed yet).

  I could not find "rout"-stemmed words in draft-mattsson-emu-eap-tls-psk.

[S8; nit]

* s/beynond/beyond/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 00:36:13 -0500

All of these are fixed.

>  I could not find "rout"-stemmed words in draft-mattsson-emu-eap-tls-psk.

draft-mattsson-emu-eap-tls-psk says:

   The TLS PSK identity is typically derived by the TLS
   implementation and may be an opaque blob without a routable realm.

The realm portion of the identity is used to select to proper server to handle EAP.

> * s/beynond/beyond/

Fixed.

Russ