Subject: Re: [TLS] [OPSAWG] CALL FOR ADOPTION: Transport Layer Security Verion 1.3 (TLS 1.3) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3)

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 06:06:24 +0000

I am expanding this CFA to give those in the tls WG a chance to comment
on the veracity of the work or provide any additional insights that can
help inform opsawg as we consider adoption.

Joe

On 11/19/21 11:27, Joe Clarke (jclarke) wrote:
> Hello, WG.  Kenneth presented
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vaughn-tlstm-update/ at IETF112
> to us, and this was previously presented at SecDispatch at IETF111.  The
> feeling there was that this work had merit, but Sec didn't have enough
> SNMP experience to be the owner.  At the AD level, the feeling was that
> perhaps opsawg did have the expertise and could pick this up.
>
> Therefore, this serves as a three week call for adoption of this draft. 
> The three weeks is being given due to the US holiday next week.  There
> has already been some comments regarding scope that have been raised
> on-list, and Kenneth has called out potential courses of action in his
> 112 presentation.
>
> Please respond by December 10, 2021 regarding your thoughts on adopting
> this work as well as comments on the work so far.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe
>
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>