Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 06:55:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidance for External PSK Usage in TLS
        Authors         : Russ Housley
                          Jonathan Hoyland
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2022-01-11

Abstract:
   This document provides usage guidance for external Pre-Shared Keys
   (PSKs) in Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 as defined in RFC 8446.
   It lists TLS security properties provided by PSKs under certain
   assumptions, and then demonstrates how violations of these
   assumptions lead to attacks.  Advice for applications to help meet
   these assumptions is provided.  It also discusses PSK use cases and
   provisioning processes.  Finally, it lists the privacy and security
   properties that are not provided by TLS 1.3 when external PSKs are
   used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts