Subject: [Tm-rid] Another aeronautical IETF mailing list: ATN

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 17:19:30 +0000

As some people on this list may be interested, there is also the [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> mailing list:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/Atn

“The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Communications Panel (CP) Working Group-I and its Mobility and Security subgroups is responsible for design and maintenance of the worldwide Aeronautical Telecommunications Network with Internet Protocol Services (ATN/IPS) based on Internet Protocol, version 6 (IPv6). The purpose of this mailing list is to foster and record technical discussions of the ATN/IPS community with respect to the application of Internetworking technologies for civil aviation.”

Hope this helps

-éric

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 13:26:21 -0400

On 8/1/19 1:19 PM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
>
> As some people on this list may be interested, there is also the 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> mailing list:
>
> “The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Communications 
> Panel (CP) Working Group-I and its Mobility and Security subgroups is 
> responsible for design and maintenance of the worldwide Aeronautical 
> Telecommunications Network with Internet Protocol Services (ATN/IPS) 
> based on Internet Protocol, version 6 (IPv6). The purpose of this 
> mailing list is to foster and record technical discussions of the 
> ATN/IPS community with respect to the application of Internetworking 
> technologies for civil aviation.”
>
> Hope this helps
>
> -éric
>

Interesting that you have to be a member of this list to view the archive.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 16:25:22 -0400

> technologies for civil aviation.”

Just got admitted to the list.  Looks like Fred Templin of Boeing (long 
time IETF participant) is admin.  The list is new (Apr '19) and little 
traffic.  One draft:

draft-templin-atn-aero-interface

This may be of value to UAS except for sec 5:

    The aero interface and all underlying ANET interfaces MUST configure
    an MTU of at least 1280 bytes [RFC8200].  The aero interface SHOULD
    configure an MTU based on the largest MTU among all ANET interfaces.
    If the aero interface receives an RA message with an MTU option, it
    configures this new value regardless of any ANET interface MTUs.

I would have to check what lp-wan has specified for BT, for example.

looks like there is also: draft-ietf-rtgwg-atn-bgp, but that is in the 
rtgwg.  Don't know if there is any other drafts related to atn.

But thanks for the heads up and I wish Fred success in his work.

Bob