Subject: [Drip] UWB ranging: Pixel 6 Pro gets settings toggle...

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 10:14:03 -0500

https://9to5google.com/2022/01/02/pixel-6-pro-uwb-setting/

UWB should eventually provide a much more accurate range & position than
current Broadcast RID media. I have been playing with it off & on for
decades, anxiously awaiting its availability on ubiquitous devices such as
smartphones. Hardware for it shipped in some top end Apple, Google &
Samsung devices starting about a year ago, but OS support & independent
software developer access to it has seemed (to me, at least) lacking. This
looks like a good sign.

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:44:12 +0100

Does this have to do with the 5G airports onboard altimeter unfolding in 
USA? (3.4-3.8GHz?)

Le 03/01/2022 à 16:14, Card, Stu a écrit :
> UWB should eventually provide a much more accurate range & position 
> than current Broadcast RID media. I have been playing with it off & on 
> for decades, anxiously awaiting its availability on ubiquitous devices 
> such as smartphones. Hardware for it shipped in some top end Apple, 
> Google & Samsung devices starting about a year ago, but OS support & 
> independent software developer access to it has seemed (to me, at 
> least) lacking. This looks like a good sign.
>
>

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:10:29 -0500

No, but UWB conceivably also could cause interference with radars (inc.
altimeters) in that frequency range.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 7:44 AM Alexandre Petrescu <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>