Subject: Other name for "digital-right"?

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:53:06 +0900

Hi all,

I'm now working on revising draft-ietf-trade-dtr-requirements-00.

Someone pointed out that "digital-right" is confusing with "IP rights"
at the last meeting as described in the meeting note:
http://lists.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/200004/msg00000.html

I agreed it, but I'm still wondering how to change it. There are several
candidates, e.g., electronic rights, digital instruments, XML-Rights,
XML-Ticket, ... but I haven't decided yet. Does anyone give me any idea?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Ko
----------------------------------------------------------
Ko Fujimura, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 239-0847, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)468-59-3814, Fax: +81-(0)468-59-2241
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:04:58 +0900

I received a comment:

> Call it a "voucher", but don't use the word "rights" as this
> means "intellectual property rights".

Thank you for a good suggestion. But I have another concern; a "voucher"
might be an appropriate word in USA but it might be misunderstood as a
"discount coupon" in UK. So, I prefer a word of which meaning is more
neutral.

In this sense, I would like to stick to "rights". Are there any idea
like "XXXXX rights" which correspond to "IP rights"?

Ko

---

From: Renato Iannella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:12:25 +1000

> like "XXXXX rights" which correspond to "IP rights"?

I think the term "rights" is the potentially more misleading term.
For example, if you compare it to XRML [1].

Cheers...Renato                      <http://purl.net/net/renato>
Chief Scientist, IPR Systems Pty Ltd      <http://iprsystems.com>
...............................unlocking the value of information

[1] http://www.xrml.org/