Subject: XML-Wallet

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:10:37 +0900

Hi all,

My slides presented at the trade WG meeting in Pittsburgh, are uploaded 
to the following URL:

http://info.isl.ntt.co.jp/flexticket/ietf/ietf48-trade-fujimura.ppt

The summary of my talk is as follows:

1. An XML-based wallet, which can handle diverse types of EC entities, 
   e.g., orders, bill, payment receipt, delivery notes, as well as 
   payment information, is required.
2. The XML-based wallet should provide a simple store/retrieve protocol 
   to transmit the EC entities (just like the HTTP cookie protocol).
3. The XML-based wallet should allow any vendors to provide plug-ins 
   that handle any sophisticated protocols. An example of such plug-ins 
   includes an IOTP wallet, digital-rights wallet, or other 
   payment-scheme-specific wallets.

I think such wallet architecture will bridge IOTP, ECML, and 
digital-right-trading model seamlessly.  I hope the trade WG will develop 
a new standard, which bring us a new type of killer client application, 
i.e., XML-Wallet.

Regards,

Ko
----------------------------------------------------------
Ko Fujimura, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 239-0847, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)468-59-3814, Fax: +81-(0)468-59-2241
Email: [email-masked]