Subject: Comment on draft-ietf-trade-iotp2-req-00.txt

From: Walt Houser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:18:37 -0800 (PST)

The ID states:

   The following are out of scope for IOTP version 2:

   1. Legal or regulatory issues surrounding the
      implementation of the
      protocol or information systems using it.

   2. Design of an XML Messaging Layer.

wh: Should the ID point to BXXP? SOAP? XP?

   3. Design of XML Digitial Signatures.

wh: Should the ID point to XMLDS?
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:37:55 -0500

Hi,

From:  Walt Houser <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:18:37 -0800 (PST)
To:  [email-masked], Walter Houser <[email-masked]>
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

>wh: Should the ID point to BXXP? SOAP? XP?

It could but I don't think it is necessary for the requirmeents draft
to specify the particular Messaging to be used.  It is also not clear
to me how soon this will settle out and whether people will gravitate
towards one method or a few...making it hard to give a specific
pointer.

>http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ 

Similarly, I don't think it has to.  But in this case, the standard
has been adopted and the ID might as well give a reference.  Since
this is an IETF effort, it should point to the RFC which should be out
any day now...

Thanks,
Donald
===================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                    [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Streeet                         [email-masked]
 Milford, MA 01757 USA     +1 508-634-2066(h)   +1 508-261-5434(w)