Subject: MasterCard.Com email has a problem

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 08:46:15 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sorry for the public announcement but somebody on this mailing list
has their email forwarded to a mastercard.com address and that somebody
has a procmail system setup that loops all messages on this list
multiple times.  This has been going for at least a month.

Fortunately for you the loops are caught by the server.  Unfortunately
for me I can not figure out who it is because there are no
mastercard.com addresses on the mailing list.

The messages themselves are always resubmitted so they lose all trace
information.  These new messages always originate from:

    [email-masked]

Which is a bogus address.

I could probably contact [email-masked] but there's not much
traffic on this list and I know what it's like to look through log files
for one entry, which is worse when you don't even know for sure what to
look for.

Anyway, it seems to me that whoever you are you know who you are.  I
would really appreciate if you would contact me so we can sort this out.

Thanks!

Jim

--
James M. Galvin <[email-masked]>