Subject: RE: Submission of Last Called documents as Informational

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:20:34 -0400

OK, I'll confirm that that registration will still be OK if voucher-lang is Informational.

Thanks,
Donald
===========================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake III       [email-masked]
 Motorola Laboratories               1-508-786-7554 (work)
 111 Locke Drive                     1-508-634-2066 (home)
 Marlboro, MA 01752 USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Ko Fujimura [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 6:53 AM
To: Donald Eastlake 3rd; [email-masked]
Cc: Ko Fujimura; Masayuki Terada
Subject: Re: Submission of Last Called documents as Informational

Donald Eastlake 3rd wrote:

>As for voucher-lang, what I said in the last call was: "This document
>was intended to become a Proposed Standard but if there isn't a higher
>volume of comments, favorable or otherwise, it may be very hard to get
>it approved as other than Informational." Based on the lack of response,
>there is reallyl no chance of getting it approved as Proposed, so I plan
>to submit it as Informational.
>  

I generally agree to publish it as Informational. One of my concerns is 
that the document includes IANA registration requests for the vts-lang 
XML namespace and the schema. My understanding is that, even if it is 
Informational, they are registered in the IANA directory below, 
am I right?

http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/ns.html
http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema.html

Another note is that the discussion in the IETF was almost finished
after its implementation demonstration at the 54th IETF meeting.
But, related specification, the Infrared Voucher Profile specification
(IrVoucher), is still actively discussing in IrDA (Infrared Data 
Association) and the spec will refer to the vts-lang spec.
So, I would like to have it published as soon as possible even if
it is Informational.

Regards,

Ko
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Ko Fujimura, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 239-0847, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)46-859-3814, Fax: +81-(0)46-859-8329
Email: [email-masked]