Subject: Document Action: 'Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)' to Informational RFC (fwd)

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure why this announcement was delayed...

Donald

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:37:39 -0400
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     RFC Editor <[email-masked]>,
     trade mailing list <[email-masked]>,
     trade chair <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: 'Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading
       Protocol (IOTP)' to Informational RFC

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) '
   <draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-papi-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary

  The Internet Open Trading Protocol provides a data exchange format
   for trading purposes while integrating existing pure payment
   protocols seamlessly. This motivates the multiple layered system
   architecture which consists of at least some generic IOTP application
   core and multiple specific payment modules.

   This document addresses a common interface between the IOTP
   application core and the payment modules, enabling the
   interoperability between these kinds of modules. Furthermore, such an
   interface provides the foundations for a plug-in- mechanism in actual
   implementations of IOTP application cores.

   Such interfaces exist at the Consumers', the Merchants' and the
   Payment Handlers' installations connecting the IOTP application core
   and the payment software components/legacy systems.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the TRADE working group.

Protocol Quality

   Ned Freed reviewed the protocol for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce