Subject: Submission of Last Called documents as Informational

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

The working group last call on documents

	draft-ietf-trade-voucher-lang-06.txt
and
	draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-06.txt

reached its nominal end date during last week. There were no objections
but there weren't any other comments as well. This sort of lack of
response is what makes the IESG think the TRADE working group is pretty
much dead.

voucher-vtsapi was intended to be Informational.

As for voucher-lang, what I said in the last call was: "This document
was intended to become a Proposed Standard but if there isn't a higher
volume of comments, favorable or otherwise, it may be very hard to get
it approved as other than Informational." Based on the lack of response,
there is reallyl no chance of getting it approved as Proposed, so I plan
to submit it as Informational.

I'll wait a couple of days before doing this if anyone has any comments
on this move or on the drafts.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-786-7554(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:53:08 +0900

>to submit it as Informational.
I generally agree to publish it as Informational. One of my concerns is 
that the document includes IANA registration requests for the vts-lang 
XML namespace and the schema. My understanding is that, even if it is 
Informational, they are registered in the IANA directory below, 
am I right?

http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/ns.html
http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema.html

Another note is that the discussion in the IETF was almost finished
after its implementation demonstration at the 54th IETF meeting.
But, related specification, the Infrared Voucher Profile specification
(IrVoucher), is still actively discussing in IrDA (Infrared Data 
Association) and the spec will refer to the vts-lang spec.
So, I would like to have it published as soon as possible even if
it is Informational.

Regards,

Ko
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Ko Fujimura, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 239-0847, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)46-859-3814, Fax: +81-(0)46-859-8329
Email: [email-masked]