Subject: HTTP Supplement and MIME Type Detector drafts
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:14:35 -0400

Hi,

This is the start of a two week Working Group last call on the
draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt draft.  This is an informational
document on determining what sort of MIME types a browser supports.

Since there were no objections to the
draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt draft as per below, I'm going to do
a quick update onit to replace draft references with RFC references
and forward it to the IESG for their approval for publication as a
Proposed Standard RFC.

Thanks,
Donald

Date:  Wed, 03 May 2000 15:35:35 -0400
From:  "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  WG Last CAll draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt
To:  [email-masked]
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

Since there have been no comments or suggestions on this draft for
some time and earlier comments and suggestions have generally been
incorporated, I'm calling a two week Working Group Last Call on this
draft.  I intend to forward the draft to the IESG as is or with minor
changes based on future comments sometime on or after 17 May.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 140 Forest Avenue                                +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Hudson, MA 01749 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:20:18 -0400
From: "Smith, Chris " <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
To: "ietf-trade@lists. eListX. com (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

> -----Original Message-----
> From: RFC Editor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: May 16, 2000 01:32 PM
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
>=20
> A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
>=20
>         RFC 2801
>=20
>         Title:	    Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version
1.0
>         Author(s):  D. Burdett
>         Status:     Informational
>         Date:       April 2000
>         Mailbox:    [email-masked]

Congratulations to ALL - the uncountable all, for getting this far.

Now comes the hard part - making RFC2801 as recognizable as, say 822.

>         Pages:      290
>         Characters: 598794

I've confirmed it against the official list, by sorting
all of the RFCs in order of size. RFC 2801 is the=20
largest text RFC in existence.

------------------------------------------------------------=20
=A0Chris =
Smith=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 +1.416.348.6090=20
=A0Royal =
Bank=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
[email-masked]=20

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: RFC Editor [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: May 16, 2000 01:32 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Cc: [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; A new Request for Comments is now available in =
online RFC libraries.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
RFC 2801</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Title:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Author(s):&nbsp; D. Burdett</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Status:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Informational</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; April 2000</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mailbox:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Congratulations to ALL - the uncountable all, for =
getting this far.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now comes the hard part - making RFC2801 as =
recognizable as, say 822.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Pages:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 290</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Characters: 598794</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've confirmed it against the official list, by =
sorting</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>all of the RFCs in order of size. RFC 2801 is the =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>largest text RFC in existence.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>------------------------------------------------------------ =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>=A0Chris =
Smith=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 +1.416.348.6090 </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>=A0Royal =
Bank=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
[email-masked] </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:38:03 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2803 on Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2803

        Title:	    Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)
        Author(s):  H. Maruyama,  K. Tamura, N. Uramoto
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22552
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2803.txt

This memo defines a clear and unambiguous definition of
digest (hash) values of the XML objects regardless of the surface
string variation of XML. This definition can be used for XML digital
signature as well efficient replication of XML objects.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.  

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2803

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2803.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:35:12 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2802 on Digital Signatures for IOTP
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2802

        Title:	    Digital Signatures for the v1.0 Internet Open
                    Trading Protocol (IOTP)
        Author(s):  K. Davidson, Y. Kawatsura
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 52756
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2802.txt

A syntax and procedures are described for the computation and
verification of digital signatures for use within Version 1.0 of the
Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP).

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Wokring Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2802

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2802.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:31:53 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2801

        Title:	    Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0
        Author(s):  D. Burdett
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      290
        Characters: 598794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2801.txt

The Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) provides an interoperable
framework for Internet commerce. It is payment system independent and
encapsulates payment systems such as SET, Secure Channel Credit/Debit,
Mondex, CyberCoin, GeldKarte, etc. IOTP is able to handle cases where
such merchant roles as the shopping site, the Payment Handler, the
Delivery Handler of goods or services, and the provider of customer
support are performed by different parties or by one party.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2801

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2801.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)--

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:56:24 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: HTTP MIME Type Handler Detection
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd,C. Smith, D. Soroka
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 11-May-00
	
Entities composing web pages to provide services over HTTP frequently
have the problem of not knowing what MIME types have handlers
installed at a user's browser.  For example, whether an IOTP or VRML
or SET or some streaming media handler is available.  In many cases
they would want to display different web pages or content depending
on a MIME handler's availability.  This document summarizes a
reasonable technique to solve this problem for most of the browsers
actually deployed on the Internet as of August 1999.  It is intended
to be of practical use to implementors during the period before the
wide deployment of superior standards based techniques which may be
developed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)"

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)
Content-type: Message/External-body;
 name="draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt"; site="ftp.ietf.org";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)--

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)--

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:22:10 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: APPLICATION/IOTP Officially registered
To: [email-masked]

...

Dear Donald,

We have registered the following MIME media type with you as the point of
contact:

	application/iotp

Thank you,

Michelle Schipper, Administrator

***************************************************************
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292

Voice: (310) 823-9358 x12
FAX:   (310) 823-8649
email: [email-masked]
***************************************************************

Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 19:13:34 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: XML/EDI
To: Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Cc: iotp <[email-masked]>

I'm much more familiar with IOTP than EDI or OBI but it is my
impression they have very different aims:

IOTP is desigined for consumer to merchant interaction where there is
not a prior existing relationship.  It provides for the merchant
function to be split among multiple machines (store front, payment
handler, delivery handler, ...) and other features.

OBI (Open Buying on the Internet), as I understand it, is designed for
business to merchant interaction where there is a prior relationship.
It provides for the business purchasing function to be split into
requisitioner, approver, treasurer ... and other features.

EDI, as I understand it, is designed for business to business
interaction.  At least original, it required an extensive prior
relationship.  In fact, it was commonly estimated to cost between
$10,000 and $15,000 to set up an EDI connection between a pair of
businesses because it was really just a very broad framework as
indicated by its name, Electronic Data Interchange.  The actual
message contents to be used needed to be agreed upon.  In some cases,
EDI was more or less forced on suppliers by major purchasers as part
of the price of being one of suppliers.  I understand that there are a
lot of efforts at simplified and/or standardized EDI to try to make it
easier to set up.

IOTP is already in XML but I understand that both OBI and EDI are
headed that way.  I suppose it is possible that at some point they
could all merge.  But right now, I believe they provide quite distinct
services.

Donald

From:  Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 03 May 2000 16:41:29 -0400
To:  iotp <[email-masked]>
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

>Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have heard that
>XML/EDI covers pretty much the same ground as does IOTP, but XML/EDI
>appears to have much more widespread backing than does IOTP. Can anyone
>here comment on IOTP vs. XML/EDI?
>
>Don Isenor
>Ambercon Inc.

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 16:41:29 -0400
From: Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Subject: XML/EDI
To: iotp <[email-masked]>

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have heard that
XML/EDI covers pretty much the same ground as does IOTP, but XML/EDI
appears to have much more widespread backing than does IOTP. Can anyone
here comment on IOTP vs. XML/EDI?

Don Isenor
Ambercon Inc.

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 15:35:35 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: WG Last CAll draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt
To: [email-masked]

Since there have been no comments or suggestions on this draft for
some time and earlier comments and suggestions have generally been
incorporated, I'm calling a two week Working Group Last Call on this
draft.  I intend to forward the draft to the IESG as is or with minor
changes based on future comments sometime on or after 17 May.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 140 Forest Avenue                                +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Hudson, MA 01749 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 16:42:37 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: XrML
To: [email-masked]

Here is a web site talking about "Digitial Rights" but they just mean
mark up to indicate right in content, as far as I can tell.

<http://www.xrml.org>

Donald

=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1                     +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Carmel, NY 10512 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:14:35 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: HTTP Supplement and MIME Type Detector drafts
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

This is the start of a two week Working Group last call on the
draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt draft.  This is an informational
document on determining what sort of MIME types a browser supports.

Since there were no objections to the
draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt draft as per below, I'm going to do
a quick update onit to replace draft references with RFC references
and forward it to the IESG for their approval for publication as a
Proposed Standard RFC.

Thanks,
Donald

Date:  Wed, 03 May 2000 15:35:35 -0400
From:  "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  WG Last CAll draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt
To:  [email-masked]
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

Since there have been no comments or suggestions on this draft for
some time and earlier comments and suggestions have generally been
incorporated, I'm calling a two week Working Group Last Call on this
draft.  I intend to forward the draft to the IESG as is or with minor
changes based on future comments sometime on or after 17 May.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 140 Forest Avenue                                +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Hudson, MA 01749 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:20:18 -0400
From: "Smith, Chris " <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
To: "ietf-trade@lists. eListX. com (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

> -----Original Message-----
> From: RFC Editor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: May 16, 2000 01:32 PM
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
>=20
> A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
>=20
>         RFC 2801
>=20
>         Title:	    Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version
1.0
>         Author(s):  D. Burdett
>         Status:     Informational
>         Date:       April 2000
>         Mailbox:    [email-masked]

Congratulations to ALL - the uncountable all, for getting this far.

Now comes the hard part - making RFC2801 as recognizable as, say 822.

>         Pages:      290
>         Characters: 598794

I've confirmed it against the official list, by sorting
all of the RFCs in order of size. RFC 2801 is the=20
largest text RFC in existence.

------------------------------------------------------------=20
=A0Chris =
Smith=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 +1.416.348.6090=20
=A0Royal =
Bank=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
[email-masked]=20

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: RFC Editor [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: May 16, 2000 01:32 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Cc: [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; A new Request for Comments is now available in =
online RFC libraries.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
RFC 2801</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Title:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Author(s):&nbsp; D. Burdett</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Status:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Informational</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; April 2000</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mailbox:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Congratulations to ALL - the uncountable all, for =
getting this far.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now comes the hard part - making RFC2801 as =
recognizable as, say 822.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Pages:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 290</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Characters: 598794</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've confirmed it against the official list, by =
sorting</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>all of the RFCs in order of size. RFC 2801 is the =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>largest text RFC in existence.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>------------------------------------------------------------ =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>=A0Chris =
Smith=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 +1.416.348.6090 </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>=A0Royal =
Bank=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
[email-masked] </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_u7CRErqnvmV1h3EZ7qe6XQ)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:38:03 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2803 on Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2803

        Title:	    Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)
        Author(s):  H. Maruyama,  K. Tamura, N. Uramoto
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22552
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2803.txt

This memo defines a clear and unambiguous definition of
digest (hash) values of the XML objects regardless of the surface
string variation of XML. This definition can be used for XML digital
signature as well efficient replication of XML objects.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.  

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2803

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2803.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_3Ok+Vd+p0qTpALiHIduHOA)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:35:12 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2802 on Digital Signatures for IOTP
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2802

        Title:	    Digital Signatures for the v1.0 Internet Open
                    Trading Protocol (IOTP)
        Author(s):  K. Davidson, Y. Kawatsura
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 52756
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2802.txt

A syntax and procedures are described for the computation and
verification of digital signatures for use within Version 1.0 of the
Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP).

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Wokring Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2802

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2802.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_zf0LLAKWUkP4PyttQ7GOMQ)--

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:31:53 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2801

        Title:	    Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0
        Author(s):  D. Burdett
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      290
        Characters: 598794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2801.txt

The Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) provides an interoperable
framework for Internet commerce. It is payment system independent and
encapsulates payment systems such as SET, Secure Channel Credit/Debit,
Mondex, CyberCoin, GeldKarte, etc. IOTP is able to handle cases where
such merchant roles as the shopping site, the Payment Handler, the
Delivery Handler of goods or services, and the provider of customer
support are performed by different parties or by one party.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)"

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2801

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; name="rfc2801.txt"; site="ftp.isi.edu";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_r3b0iMACByW3ZpXFbIR61g)--

--Boundary_(ID_fI9wimr6Llr1OKalU8Jk8w)--

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:56:24 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: HTTP MIME Type Handler Detection
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd,C. Smith, D. Soroka
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 11-May-00
	
Entities composing web pages to provide services over HTTP frequently
have the problem of not knowing what MIME types have handlers
installed at a user's browser.  For example, whether an IOTP or VRML
or SET or some streaming media handler is available.  In many cases
they would want to display different web pages or content depending
on a MIME handler's availability.  This document summarizes a
reasonable technique to solve this problem for most of the browsers
actually deployed on the Internet as of August 1999.  It is intended
to be of practical use to implementors during the period before the
wide deployment of superior standards based techniques which may be
developed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)"

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)
Content-type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
 server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)
Content-type: Message/External-body;
 name="draft-ietf-trade-mime-detector-03.txt"; site="ftp.ietf.org";
 access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_B6qaFrnZRjJGU9gWqmw0YA)--

--Boundary_(ID_enyOZ1OazeHSPg9FpQQ+0A)--

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:22:10 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: APPLICATION/IOTP Officially registered
To: [email-masked]

...

Dear Donald,

We have registered the following MIME media type with you as the point of
contact:

	application/iotp

Thank you,

Michelle Schipper, Administrator

***************************************************************
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292

Voice: (310) 823-9358 x12
FAX:   (310) 823-8649
email: [email-masked]
***************************************************************

Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 19:13:34 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: XML/EDI
To: Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Cc: iotp <[email-masked]>

I'm much more familiar with IOTP than EDI or OBI but it is my
impression they have very different aims:

IOTP is desigined for consumer to merchant interaction where there is
not a prior existing relationship.  It provides for the merchant
function to be split among multiple machines (store front, payment
handler, delivery handler, ...) and other features.

OBI (Open Buying on the Internet), as I understand it, is designed for
business to merchant interaction where there is a prior relationship.
It provides for the business purchasing function to be split into
requisitioner, approver, treasurer ... and other features.

EDI, as I understand it, is designed for business to business
interaction.  At least original, it required an extensive prior
relationship.  In fact, it was commonly estimated to cost between
$10,000 and $15,000 to set up an EDI connection between a pair of
businesses because it was really just a very broad framework as
indicated by its name, Electronic Data Interchange.  The actual
message contents to be used needed to be agreed upon.  In some cases,
EDI was more or less forced on suppliers by major purchasers as part
of the price of being one of suppliers.  I understand that there are a
lot of efforts at simplified and/or standardized EDI to try to make it
easier to set up.

IOTP is already in XML but I understand that both OBI and EDI are
headed that way.  I suppose it is possible that at some point they
could all merge.  But right now, I believe they provide quite distinct
services.

Donald

From:  Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 03 May 2000 16:41:29 -0400
To:  iotp <[email-masked]>
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

>Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have heard that
>XML/EDI covers pretty much the same ground as does IOTP, but XML/EDI
>appears to have much more widespread backing than does IOTP. Can anyone
>here comment on IOTP vs. XML/EDI?
>
>Don Isenor
>Ambercon Inc.

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 16:41:29 -0400
From: Don Isenor <[email-masked]>
Subject: XML/EDI
To: iotp <[email-masked]>

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have heard that
XML/EDI covers pretty much the same ground as does IOTP, but XML/EDI
appears to have much more widespread backing than does IOTP. Can anyone
here comment on IOTP vs. XML/EDI?

Don Isenor
Ambercon Inc.

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 15:35:35 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: WG Last CAll draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-05.txt
To: [email-masked]

Since there have been no comments or suggestions on this draft for
some time and earlier comments and suggestions have generally been
incorporated, I'm calling a two week Working Group Last Call on this
draft.  I intend to forward the draft to the IESG as is or with minor
changes based on future comments sometime on or after 17 May.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 140 Forest Avenue                                +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Hudson, MA 01749 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 16:42:37 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: XrML
To: [email-masked]

Here is a web site talking about "Digitial Rights" but they just mean
mark up to indicate right in content, as far as I can tell.

<http://www.xrml.org>

Donald

=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1                     +1 914-276-2668(h)
 Carmel, NY 10512 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)