Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 05:15:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
        Authors         : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Dan Wing
                          Rohan Mahy
                          Philip Matthews
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-07.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2016-05-27

Abstract:
   Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
   as a tool for other protocols in dealing with Network Address
   Translator (NAT) traversal.  It can be used by an endpoint to
   determine the IP address and port allocated to it by a NAT.  It can
   also be used to check connectivity between two endpoints, and as a
   keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.  STUN works with many
   existing NATs, and does not require any special behavior from them.

   STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
   to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5389.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 05:46:14 -0700

The changelog for this new version is:

o  Add USERHASH attribute to carry the hashed version of the
   username.
o  Add IANA registry and nonce encoding for Security Features that
   need to be protected from bid down attacks.
o  Modified MESSAGE-INTEGRITY and MESSAGE-INTEGRITY-SHA256 to support
   truncation limits (pending cryptographic review).

We have now completed our list of updates for STUN.

One of the open issues is the need for a cryptographic review of the new HMAC truncation proposal.

We welcome comments and reviews in advance of a WGLC.

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 09:01:27 -0400

TRAMsters,

Please review this new revision carefully. This is important work and
this WG's main deliverable. We'd like to close on this by Berlin.

Thanks,
Simon

Le 2016-05-27 à 08:46, Marc Petit-Huguenin a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram
>