Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 02:31:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
        Authors         : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Dan Wing
                          Rohan Mahy
                          Philip Matthews
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-12.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2017-03-31

Abstract:
   Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
   as a tool for other protocols in dealing with Network Address
   Translator (NAT) traversal.  It can be used by an endpoint to
   determine the IP address and port allocated to it by a NAT.  It can
   also be used to check connectivity between two endpoints, and as a
   keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.  STUN works with many
   existing NATs, and does not require any special behavior from them.

   STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
   to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5389.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 04:40:16 -0500

We do not have any pending item in our TODO list, and we think that this draft is ready for the next step of the publication.

Thanks.

Changelog:

* Clarifies the procedure to define a new hash algorithm for message-integrity.
* Explain the procedure to deprecate SHA1 as message-integrity.
* Added procedure for Happy Eyeballs (RFC 6555).
* Added verification that Happy Eyeballs works in the STUN Usage checklist.
* Add reference to Base64 RFC.
* Changed co-author affiliation.

On 03/31/2017 04:31 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram
>