Subject: [tram] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-tram-stun-pmtud-10: (with DISCUSS)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:07:44 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tram-stun-pmtud-10: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-pmtud/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 4.1.x and 4.2.x

Please specify how this simple probing mechanism will work with IPv6. It
shouldn't be too difficult to do (cleanup references to the DF bit, use Type 2
"Packet Too Big" to identify failures etc.). Similar treatment will be required
for the complete probing mechanism as well.