Subject: [rbridge] ARP proxying

From: erik.nordmark at sun.com (Erik Nordmark)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:34:23 -0800

It seems like we've more or less settled on the use of terminology as 
Guillermo summarizes it below.

FWIW Using a new term like "ARP replay" makes sense to me to describe 
the actual mechanism that has been discussed, since it is more likely to 
avoid confusion compared to using existing terms like "proxying" and 
"caching".

    Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [rbridge] ARP proxying
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:57:01 +0100
From: Guillermo Ib??ez <gibanez at it.uc3m.es>
Reply-To: Developing a hybrid router/bridge. <rbridge at postel.org>
To: Developing a hybrid router/bridge. <rbridge at postel.org>
References: 
<313680C9A886D511A06000204840E1CF0C886216 at whq-msgusr-02.pit.comms.marconi.com> 
<43A843D4.30907 at it.uc3m.es> <43A85C29.1000109 at isi.edu>

I agree with Radia term "ARP optimization" where no specificity is
desired or required, and with Joe's term "ARP replay" when an accurate
description is needed.
Guillermo