Subject: [rbridge] Mailing list reply-to insertion

From: erik.nordmark at sun.com (Erik Nordmark)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:00:01 -0700

The rbridge mailing list currently inserts a reply-to field.

The other IETF-related mailing lists I've looked at don't seem to do this.
The question is whether we should change the rbridge list to no longer 
do this.

The benefits of the reply-to is that the messages stay on the list and 
there isn't a lot of cc's accumulating to the email threads.

The disadvantage is that it's easier to accidentally have private 
replies go to the list.

Any objections to change the list to no longer insert a reply-to?

     Erik and Donald

---

From: touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:30:38 -0700

That configuration was copied from another mailing list, and as you note
is probably not what is desired.

I've already updated it to be consistent with what other lists already do.

FYI - there have been other lists complaining about 'subscriber-only'
mode, where non-subscriber posts are not moderated, but are rejected
with a notice of how to proceed.

This list is currently configured that way; if someone wants to
volunteer to moderate non-subscriber posts, I can set the system up so
they can do so. I do not have time and will not volunteer for that task
- I already end up reviewing about 5-10 posts a day from members that
are held for approval (most are spam on the borderline).

Joe

Erik Nordmark wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rbridge mailing list
> rbridge at postel.org
> http://www.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge