Subject: [rbridge] Out of date milestones

From: erik.nordmark at sun.com (Erik Nordmark)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:38:07 -0700

The WGs current set of milestones are out of date:
Aug 2005	  	Accept architecture document as a WG work item
Sep 2005	  	Accept base protocol specification as a WG document
Oct 2005	  	Accept routing protocol requirements as a WG work item
Nov 2005	  	Submit architecture document to IEEE/IETF expert review
Jan 2006	  	Submit architecture document to the IESG for publication as
an Informational RFC
Mar 2006	  	Submit routing protocol requirements to the IESG for
publication as an Informational RFC
Mar 2006	  	Choose routing protocol(s) that can meet the requirements
Apr 2006	  	Start work with routing area WG(s) to undertake TRILL extensions
Aug 2006	  	Submit base protocol specification to IEEE/IETF expert review
Oct 2006	  	Base protocol specification submitted to the IESG for
publication as a Proposed Standard RFC
Feb 2007	  	Re-charter or shut down the WG

The above list also doesn't talk about a separate problem statement and
applicability document, and it makes sense to add milestones for that
document.

What to folks (in particular authors and editors) think about this
proposed list:

June 2006	  	Accept architecture document as a WG work item
DONE		  	Accept base protocol specification as a WG document
June 2006	  	Accept routing protocol requirements as a WG work item
DONE		  	Accept problem statement and applicability as a WG work item

Aug 2006		Submit problem statement and applicability to IESG for 
Informational RFC
Aug 2006	  	Submit architecture document to IEEE/IETF expert review
Nov 2006	  	Submit architecture document to the IESG for publication as 
an Informational RFC
Aug 2006	  	Submit routing protocol requirements to the IESG for 
publication as an Informational RFC
Dec 2006	  	Choose routing protocol(s) that can meet the requirements
DONE		  	Start work with routing area WG(s) to undertake TRILL extensions
Dec 2006	  	Submit base protocol specification to IEEE/IETF expert review
Mar 2007	  	Base protocol specification submitted to the IESG for 
publication as a Proposed Standard RFC
July 2007	  	Re-charter or shut down the WG

    Erik