Subject: [rbridge] Merging of draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-isis and draft-ward-l2isis

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:31:11 -0800

The allocation of IS-IS code-points and the specification of encoding
for information in IS-IS to support Layer-2 routing were discussed in
the TRILL and ISIS working group meetings earlier this week. There
were also presentations in the ISIS working group meeting on TRILL and
on IEEE 802.1aq. (The IEEE 802.1aq project has expanded to include
Layer-2 use of IS-IS.)

The conclusion was that the existing draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-isis
draft should be merged into draft-ward-l2isis and corrected and, in
addition, the IEEE 802.1aq requirements should also be merged into the
resulting "kitchen sink" document which would be processed as an ISIS
working group document. The plan is that Ayan Banerjee, a current
author of ward-l2isis, and Donald Eastlake would be two of the
co-authors of the resulting document.

People should indicate sometime in the next week if they object to this 
plan.

If there are no objections we will request that ISIS make this a WG 
document.

   Erik and Donald
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge