Subject: [rbridge] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A. Ghanwani, R. Perlman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-13.txt
	Pages		: 102
	Date		: 2009-6-29
	
RBridges provide optimal pair-wise forwarding with zero
   configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary
   loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and multicast
   traffic. They achieve these goals using IS-IS routing and
   encapsulation of traffic with a header that includes a hop count.

   RBridges are compatible with previous IEEE 802.1 customer bridges as
   well as IPv4 and IPv6 routers and end nodes. They are as invisible to
   current IP routers as bridges are and, like routers, they terminate
   the bridge spanning tree protocol.

   The design supports VLANs and optimization of the distribution of
   multi-destination frames based on VLAN and IP derived multicast
   groups.  It also allows forwarding tables to be sized according to
   the number of RBridges (rather than the number of end nodes), which
   allows internal forwarding tables to be substantially smaller than in
   conventional bridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge