Subject: [rbridge] wglc comments

From: "Jeff Pickering" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 04:46:34 -0700

I think there are a couple of things not described that probably need it
(pardon me if Ive read the doc too many times and missed something):

- There should be something describing L1 ISIS only usage.
- There should be something describing the set of LSPs to use for
  dist tree root choosing: ie, all LSPs or SPF reachable LSPs.

Thanks,
Jeff

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 23:55:34 -0400

See below

> - There should be something describing L1 ISIS only usage.

That seems reasonable. Perhaps the first sentence in Section 4.2.3
("All Rbridges must participate in the TRILL IS-IS instance.") should
have "which constitutes a single Level 1 IS-IS area using the fixed
area-ID zero" appended to it.

>   dist tree root choosing: ie, all LSPs or SPF reachable LSPs.

Perhaps I'm confused. Are you saying that an RBridge campus could
consist of multiple sets of RBridges such that there would be no SPF
path between RBridges in different sets but where all RBridges would
get all the LSPs?

---

From: jeff pickering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 05:24:56 -0700

Donald,

It is certainly possible that an LSP sender can crash, links go down. 
The campus can get partitioned.
Im just saying we should explicitly specify whats done in this case. The 
spec kind of implies that you use all
LSPs which would mean a crashed sender could still win and specify 
itself as a root.

Of course there is the separate issue of an LSP originator specifying a 
third party as root and that
root could be unreachable.

Jeff