Subject: [rbridge] separate ISIS instance for ESADI

From: Vijayanand C <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:50:50 +0530

The draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol states that Rbrdiges can participate in ESADI, but the means to do it  for ISIS is not explicit in draft-isis-layer2. Specifically it is not clear whether the MAC-RI TLV constituting MAC reachability information should be sent in the regular Rbridge Level1 LSP as stated in the drat-isis-layer2 or ESADI frames should be part of a separate ISIS instance run specifically for that purpose as stated in draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-isis,

Regards
Vijay

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. 
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. 
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Dinesh G Dutt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:29:59 -0700

ESADI is not IS-IS. It uses the encodings of IS-IS, that's all,

Dinesh
Vijayanand C wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- 
We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by 
the depth of our answers.                               - Carl Sagan