Subject: [rbridge] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A. Ghanwani, R. Perlman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-14.txt
	Pages		: 111
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
RBridges provide optimal pair-wise forwarding without configuration,
   safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support
   for multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. They achieve
   these goals using IS-IS routing and encapsulation of traffic with a
   header that includes a hop count.

   RBridges are compatible with previous IEEE 802.1 customer bridges as
   well as IPv4 and IPv6 routers and end nodes. They are as invisible to
   current IP routers as bridges are and, like routers, they terminate
   the bridge spanning tree protocol.

   The design supports VLANs and optimization of the distribution of
   multi-destination frames based on VLAN and IP derived multicast
   groups.  It also allows unicast forwarding tables at transit RBridges
   to be sized according to the number of RBridges (rather than the
   number of end nodes), which allows their forwarding tables to be
   substantially smaller than in conventional customer bridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:50:50 -0400

Hi,

We believe this draft includes all the technical changes that have been
discussed on the mailing list since the previous version and that all the
technical changes in this draft have been discussed on the mailing list. If
there is support from the working group, we plan to forward this draft to
the IESG and request that it be published as a Proposed Standard.

Donald & Erik

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>        Author(s)       : R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A.
> Ghanwani

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:34:32 -0700

Yes, thank you to the several experts who have given such thorough 
reviews, and thank
you, expecially to Donald, for resolving all the remaining issues. I 
think this draft is as complete and accurate
as we can ever expect, and I think it's ready to go to the IESG.

Radia

Donald Eastlake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We believe this draft includes all the technical changes that have 
> been discussed on the mailing list since the previous version and that 
> all the technical changes in this draft have been discussed on the 
> mailing list. If there is support from the working group, we plan to 
> forward this draft to the IESG and request that it be published as a 
> Proposed Standard.
>
> Donald & Erik
>
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM, <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>            Author(s)       : R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S.
>     Gai, A. Ghanwani
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>