Subject: [rbridge] Fwd: [Isis-wg] RFC 6165 on Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 Systems

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:35:25 -0400

The following RFC specifies some of the additional IS-IS code points
used by TRILL.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 6165 on Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 Systems
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 6165

       Title:      Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2
                   Systems
       Author:     A. Banerjee, D. Ward
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       April 2011
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      7
       Characters: 12266
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-layer2-11.txt

       URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6165.txt

This document specifies the Intermediate System to Intermediate
System (IS-IS) extensions necessary to support link state routing for
any protocols running directly over Layer-2.  While supporting this
concept involves several pieces, this document only describes
extensions to IS-IS.  Furthermore, the Type, Length, Value pairs
(TLVs) described in this document are generic Layer-2 additions, and
specific ones as needed are defined in the IS-IS technology-specific
extensions.  We leave it to the systems using these IS-IS extensions
to explain how the information carried in IS-IS is used.  [STANDARDS-
TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge