Subject: [rbridge] Fwd: RFC 6361 on PPP Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Protocol Control Protocol

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:44:21 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Subject: RFC 6361 on PPP Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
(TRILL) Protocol Control Protocol
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 6361

       Title:      PPP Transparent Interconnection of Lots
                   of Links (TRILL) Protocol Control Protocol
       Author:     J. Carlson, D. Eastlake 3rd
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       August 2011
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      8
       Characters: 17705
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt

       URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6361.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) defines a Link Control Protocol
(LCP) and a method for negotiating the use of multiprotocol traffic
over point-to-point links.  This document describes PPP support for
the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Protocol,
allowing direct communication between Routing Bridges (RBridges) via
PPP links.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge