Subject: [rbridge] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6325 (3053)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:08:59 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6325,
"Routing Bridges (RBridges): Base Protocol Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6325&eid=3053

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.3.2

Original Text
-------------
If X is not greater than Sz, then RB1 sets the "failed minimum MTU
test" flag for RB2 in RB1's Hello. If size X succeeds, and X > Sz,
then RB1 advertises the largest tested X for each adjacency in the
TRILL Hellos RB1 sends on that link, and RB1 MAY advertise X as an
attribute of the link to RB2 in RB1's LSP.

Corrected Text
--------------
If X is not greater than or equal to Sz, then RB1 sets the "failed
minimum MTU test" flag for RB2 in RB1's Hello. If size X succeeds, and
X >= Sz, then RB1 advertises the largest tested X for each adjacency
in the TRILL Hellos RB1 sends on that link, and RB1 MAY advertise X as
an attribute of the link to RB2 in RB1's LSP.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6325 (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Routing Bridges (RBridges): Base Protocol Specification
Publication Date    : July 2011
Author(s)           : R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A. Ghanwani
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge