Subject: [trill] ESADI 2. More ESADI-LSP fragments

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:26:21 -0500

Expand ESADI data to 64K fragments.

      ESADI does no routing so there is never a pseudo-node on the
      ESADI pseudo-link. This allows re-purposing one byte of the LSP
      ID field to expand the number of possible fragments from 2**8 to
      2**16. In the IS-IS standard, the "LSP ID" field is defined as 8
      bytes. The top 6 are the router's System ID, the next byte is
      non-zero for pseudo-nodes, and the bottom byte is the fragment
      number. Change this so that in ESADI, there is just the System
      ID followed by two bytes of fragment number.  The same change is
      made to the LSP ID field of the Remaining Lifetime TLV which is
      used in EASDI-CSNP and ESADI-PSNP. The bottom byte of the ESADI
      CSNP/PSNP Header Source ID is always zero.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]