Subject: [trill] Consensus check: TRILL over IP encpasulation

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:21:24 -0400

At the TRILL WG meeting in London there was a strong consensus in the
room to use UDP for TRILL over IP encapsulation rather than a custom
encapsulation. If you have further comments on this, please post them
within the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Donald and Jon

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:51:39 -0700

> within the next two weeks.

Hi, all,

This is yet another "X over IP" tunnel, and they seem to be springing 
out of the woodwork faster than termites.

There is a tunnels document in the INTAREA that was dormant but is being 
revived, by Mark Townsley and myself, that I would encourage you to take 
a look at (esp. the pending revision, to be posted soon).

There's a lot of wheel reinvention that should be avoided.

Joe

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:10:46 -0400

The consensus in favor of UDP encapsulation and against a custom
encapsulation for TRILL over IP has been confirmed.

Thanks,
Donald and Jon
=============================