Subject: [trill] Suggested non-technical additions to draft-ietf-trill-esadi-07

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:41:46 -0400

Hi,

In its review of draft-ietf-trill-esadi-07, members of the IESG
suggested a number of areas for additions. In my opinion, none of
these make any significant technical change to the draft, but together
they are extensive enough that I'd like to give the WG an opportunity
to comment on the changes. If you have comments on these changes,
please post them to this list or send them to Jon Hudson and myself
within a week.

Changes (ignoring typo corrections and reference updates for recently
published RFCs) are as follows:

(1) Addition of a Privacy Considerations section as a subsection of
the existing Security Considerations. See attachment 1.

(2) Additional information about changes from [RFC6325] ESADI and what
would happen in a TRILL campus with a mix of RBridges implementing
[RFC6325] ESADI and those implementing ESADI according to this draft.
See attachment 2, an updated and extended version of Appendix A. If
there are responses to the query posted by Jon Hudson
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg06286.html
indicating that there are customer deployments of [RFC6325] ESADI,
then additional changes may be required.

(3) Change the first sentence of the Security Considerations section
to the following two sentences and add a reference to [RFC5310] to
Section 6.3:

   "ESADI PDUs can be authenticated through the inclusion of the
   Authentication TLV [RFC5310]. Defaults for such authentication are
   described in Section 6.3."

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:16:04 +0800

Hi Donald,

I reviewed the attachments, and found that some editorial changes, 
especially some of the interoperability changes (between the RFC6325 ESADI 
implemantations and the current ESADI implementations) were missing in the 
2nd attachment. Please update it to include the remaining interoperability 
changes.

Thanks,
Hongjun Zhai
---------------------------------------------
Add: No.68 Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District,
Nanjing City, R.P. China, 210012

Tel: +86 025 52877345
Email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------

Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  "trill" <[email-masked]>
2014-05-27 11:41

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[trill] Suggested non-technical additions to    draft-ietf-trill-esadi-07

Hi,

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:41:51 -0400

Hi Hongjun,

Thanks for pointing this out. Attached is the proposed replacement for
Appendix A with two further editorial changes and a wdiff against the
revision I sent out previously.

Donald

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Donald,
>
> I reviewed the attachments, and found that some editorial changes, especially some of the interoperability changes (between the RFC6325 ESADI implemantations and the current ESADI implementations) were missing in the 2nd attachment. Please update it to include the remaining interoperability changes.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Hongjun Zhai