Subject: [trill] RFC 7178 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): RBridge Channel Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:17:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7178

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): RBridge Channel Support 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, V. Manral,
                    Y. Li, S. Aldrin,
                    D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49461
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7178.txt

This document specifies a general channel mechanism for sending
messages, such as Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) messages,
between Routing Bridges (RBridges) and between RBridges and end
stations in an RBridge campus through extensions to the
Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC