Subject: [trill] RFC 7180 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7180

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Clarifications, Corrections, and 
                    Updates 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, M. Zhang,
                    A. Ghanwani, V. Manral,
                    A. Banerjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 56276 
        Updates:    RFC 6325, RFC 6327, RFC 6439

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7180.txt

The IETF Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol
provides least-cost pair-wise data forwarding without configuration in
multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology and link technology, safe
forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic.  TRILL accomplishes 
this by using Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) 
link-state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a header that 
includes a hop count.  Since publication of the TRILL base protocol in 
July 2011, active development of TRILL has revealed errata in  RFC 6325 
and some cases that could use clarifications or updates.

RFCs 6327 and 6439 provide clarifications and updates with respect
to adjacency and Appointed Forwarders.  This document provides other
known clarifications, corrections, and updates to RFCs 6325, 6327,
and 6439.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC