Subject: [trill] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 15:49:24 +0800

Hi All,

We have just posted a new version draft of "RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname for 
Active-active Access". In this draft, based on the concept of Virtual 
RBridge, a solution is proposed to facilitates the active-active issues 
listed in draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob.

Comparing with previous version, main change points of this draft include:

1) Add an approach for member RBridge of a RBv to discover each other 
automatically.

2) Introduce the concept of Designated Forwarder to fix the frame 
duplication of multicast traffic egressing.

3) Employ Ingress Nickname filtering to avoid the loop of native mulicast 
frames at edge Rbridges.

4) Add 3 new TLVs, two for member RBridges auto-discovery, one for MAC 
information sharing among member RBridges.

Comments and suggrestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Hongjun Zhai
---------------------------------------------
Add: No.68 Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District,
Nanjing City, R.P. China, 210012

Tel: +86 025 52877345
Email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------

----- 转发人 翟洪军129567/user/zte_ltd 时间 2014-05-20 15:48 -----

[email-masked] 
2014-05-20 15:11

收件人
Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>, "Li Yizhou" <[email-masked]>, 
Mingui Zhang <[email-masked]>, "Tissa Senevirathne" 
<[email-masked]>, Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>, "Radia 
Perlman" <[email-masked]>, Tissa Senevirathne <[email-masked]>, 
Yizhou Li <[email-masked]>, "ZTE Corporation" 
<[email-masked]>, Hongjun Zhai <[email-masked]>, "Mingui 
Zhang" <[email-masked]>, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" 
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hongjun Zhai and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                            draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname
Revision:                07
Title:                           RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname for 
Active-active Access
Document date:           2014-05-20
Group:                           Individual Submission
Pages:                           26
URL:            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname/
Htmlized:       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07
Diff:           
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides support for flow level multi-pathing for both
   unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks with arbitrary
   topology.  Active-active access at the TRILL edge is the extension of
   these characteristics to end stations that are multiply connected to
   a TRILL campus.  In this document, the edge RBridge group providing
   active-active access to such an end station can be represented as a
   Virtual RBridge.  Based on the concept of Virtual RBridge along with
   its pseudo-nickname, this document facilitates the TRILL active-
   active access of such end stations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat