Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:23:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: RBridge Channel Tunnel Protocol
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2014-06-02

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol includes an optional mechanism, called RBridge Channel and
   specified in RFC 7178, for the transmission of typed messages between
   TRILL switches in the same campus and between TRILL switches and end
   stations on the same link. This document specifies optional
   extensions to RBridge Channel that provides three facilities: (1) A
   mechanism to send such messages between a TRILL switch and an end
   station in either direction, or between two end stations, when the
   two devices are in the same campus but not on the same link; (2) A
   method to support security facilities for RBridge Channel messages;
   and (3) A method to tunnel a variety of payload types by
   encapsulating them in an RBridge Channel message. This document
   updates RFC 7178.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/