Subject: [trill] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'IANA Considerations for CFM (Connectivity Fault Management) Code Points' to Best Current Practice (draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-02.txt)

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 17:09:51 -0400

draft-ietf-trill-oam-fm is dependent on the draft that was just
approved below so this announcement may be of interest.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Considerations for CFM (Connectivity
Fault Management) Code Points' to Best Current Practice
(draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-02.txt)
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Considerations for CFM (Connectivity Fault Management) Code
   Points'
  (draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-02.txt) as Best Current
Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations/

Technical Summary:

   IEEE 802.1 has specified OAM facilities called Continuity Fault
   Management (CFM). CFM messages are structured with an Op-Code field
   and have provision for the inclusion of TLV (type, length, value)
   structured information. Subsequent to a request from the TRILL WG,
   IEEE 802.1 has allocated blocks of CFM Op-Codes and TLV Types to
   the IETF. This document specifies the IANA Consideration for the
   assignment of values from these blocks.

Working Group Summary:

   This is not a Working Group document. The IEEE 802.1 allocation
   supported by this document is to the IETF, to be used by various
   WG's, not to any particular WG. Hence, it is inappropriate for
   this draft to be a WG draft.

Document Quality:

   The document is short, simple, and of good quality. It has been
   reviewed by IANA, the sponsoring AD, and a four week IETF Last
   Call. It conforms to the IANA Considerations requested by IEEE
   802.1.

Personnel:

   Document Shepherd: Sam Aldrin
   Responsible Area Director: Ted Lemon