Subject: [trill] Fwd: BCP 191, RFC 7319 on IANA Considerations for Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) Code Points

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:27:37 -0400

The RFC has issued setting up the IANA Registry for the CFM code
points allocated by IEEE 802.1 to the IETF.  Code points from this
space are used by draft-ietf-trill-oam-fm.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Subject: BCP 191, RFC 7319 on IANA Considerations for Connectivity
Fault Management (CFM) Code Points
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 191
        RFC 7319

        Title:      IANA Considerations for Connectivity Fault
                    Management (CFM) Code Points
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 7759
        See Also:   BCP 191

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7319.txt

IEEE 802.1 has specified Connectivity Fault Management (CFM)
Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) facilities.  CFM
messages are structured with an OpCode field and have provision for
the inclusion of TLV-structured information.  IEEE 802.1 has
allocated blocks of CFM OpCodes and TLV Types to the IETF.  This
document specifies the IANA considerations for the assignment of
values from these blocks.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC