Subject: [trill] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis-00.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:30:55 -0400

Hi,

A revisions to RFC 7180 has been posted as below.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis-00.txt
To: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>, Mingui Zhang <[email-masked]>,
Ayan Banerjee <[email-masked]>, Sujay Gupta <[email-masked]>,
Anoop Ghanwani <[email-masked]>, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Donald Eastlake and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis
Revision:       00
Title:          TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates
Document date:  2014-10-15
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          52
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-trill-rfc7180bis-00

Abstract:
   Since publication of the TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) base protocol in 2011, active development of TRILL has
   revealed errata in RFC 6325 and areas that could use clarifications
   or updates. RFCs 7177, 7357, and [rfc6439bis] provide clarifications
   and updates with respect to Adjacency, the TRILL ESADI (End Station
   Address Distribution Information) protocol, and Appointed Forwarders
   respectively.  This document provides other known clarifications,
   corrections, and updates. It obsoletes RFC 7180 (the previous TRILL
   clarifications, corrections), updates RFC 7177, updates RFC 7179, and
   updates RFC 6325.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 05:06:00 -0400

Hi,

There was a presentation at that last IETF meeting foreshadowing this draft:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-trill-8.pdf

The draft has some material that was not in that presentation. In
addition, there were two things specifically mentioned in the
presentation that are not in the -00 draft:
(1) The presentation suggested that some material along the lines of
that in TRILL WG mailing list message
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05279.html be
included in the draft.
(2) The presentation suggested that TRILL Header extensions beyond the
first word (specified in RFC 7179 and in the draft) be deprecated and
the high order 4 bits of the Header extension length field be
re-labeled as Reserved.

I am thinking of making the above two changes in the next few days and
would be interested in any comments people had.

Thanks,
Donald

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> wrote:
> To: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>, Mingui Zhang
> <[email-masked]>, Ayan Banerjee <[email-masked]>, Sujay Gupta
> <[email-masked]>, Anoop Ghanwani <[email-masked]>,
> "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
>
>
>