Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-cmt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:43:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL
        Authors         : Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Jon Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-cmt-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-10-01

Abstract:
   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non-TRILL legacy
   networks via choice of an Appointed Forwarder for a set of VLANs.
   Appointed Forwarder provides load sharing based on VLAN with an
   active-standby model. Mission critical operations such as High
   Performance Data Centers require active-active load sharing model.
   The Active-Active load sharing model can be accomplished by
   representing any given non-TRILL legacy network with a single
   virtual RBridge. Virtual representation of the non-TRILL legacy
   network with a single RBridge poses serious challenges in multi-
   destination RPF (Reverse Path Forwarding) check calculations. This
   document specifies required enhancements to build Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF
   issues. CMT provides flexibility to RBridges in selecting  desired
   path of association to a given TRILL multi-destination distribution
   tree.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-cmt-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:12:55 -0400

Hi,

This version -04 has some references updated due to the publication of
RFCs and some minor editorial changes.

Thanks,
Donald (Document Shepherd)
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill