Subject: [trill] Minutes for the TRILL interim on 12/17/2014 and plans for January 22, 2015 interim

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:59:34 -0500

Trill WG: 

Thank you for those who attended the TRILL interim meeting on 12/17/2014 at
21:00-22:00 ET.  We've attached the minutes for the interim recorded by the
TRILL WG Secretary Donald Eastlake.  Jon and Sue want to thank Donald for
taking such excellent notes.  The chairs plan to hold an interim on
1/22/2015 at 21:00-22:00 ET. Please comment on the list within 1 week (by
12/24/2015) if you have concerns with this date. 

You can view the agenda, slides, and the minutes of the December 17, 2014
interim meeting at:   

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2014/12/17/trill/proceedings.html

For those who mentioned they wish to view the audio recording, please give
us a few days to determine how the audio recording from web-ex can be made
available. 

The interim found two items of our major tasks that additional work:  yang
modules and directory service.  The interim meeting determined that
additional yang models to cover configuration beyond the base specification
(FGL, Active-Active), and additional Yang modules to handle OAM FM were
needed for configuration and status.  In addition, TRILLs low-latency
requires fast interaction to the system that the I2RS interface provides. 

The following directory service drafts need discussion and refinement in
order to be ready for WG LC: 

 draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-02   

 draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-01

draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-01

draft-ietf -trill-directory-assisted-encap  - (needs add multicast) 

 draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnode - (needs to add directory service link) 

In addition, the draft
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yizhou-trill-arp-optimization/>
draft-yizhou-trill-arp-optimization-00 is necessary to provide a full
directory service package. 

Sue Hares, Jon Hudson 

Co-chairs