Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:12:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: RBridge Channel Tunnel Protocol
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Mohammed Umair
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-05.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2015-04-26

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol includes an optional mechanism, called RBridge Channel, that
   is specified in RFC 7178, for the transmission of typed messages
   between TRILL switches in the same campus and between TRILL switches
   and end stations on the same link. This document specifies two
   optional extensions to the RBridge Channel protocol: (1) A standard
   method to tunnel a variety of payload types by encapsulating them in
   an RBridge Channel message; and (2) A method to support security
   facilities for RBridge Channel messages. This document updates RFC
   7178.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:16:41 -0400

This revisions incorporated the changes discussed at the last TRILL WG
meeting and posted here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg06724.html

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: gayle noble <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:45:04 -0700

my thoughts on draft-ietf-trill-yang-00

acronym used and not defined.
CSNP          Complete Sequence Number Protocol Data Unit
DRB            Designated RBridge
IS-IS  Intermediate System to Intermediate System
LSDB   Link State Database
MAC           media access control address
MTU            Maximum Transmission Unit
NETCONF     Network Configuration Protocol
PSNP          Partial Sequence Number Packet
RBridge       An alternative name for a TRILL Switch - a Routing Bridge
RPF    Reverse Path Forward
SNP            Scalable Network Pack
SSH             Secure Shell
VLAN   Virtual Local-Area Network

page 3
3. Design of Data model first paragraph first sentence
(remove the word "and" before etc)
(as written)
   There is only one module for the TRILL base protocol. The module can
   be augmented for other TRILL extended features with their specific
   definitions, such as TRILL active-active connection, TRILL Fine
   Grained Label, and etc.
(I'd write)
   There is only one module for the TRILL base protocol. The module can
   be augmented for other TRILL extended features with their specific
   definitions, such as TRILL active-active connection, TRILL Fine
   Grained Label, etc.

page 3
3. Design of Data model second paragraph second sentence
(missing a comma between "RBridge and")
(as written)
The configuration data is divided into four categories which include 
per RBridge, per nickname per RBridge, per port per RBridge and per 
VLAN per RBridge.
(I'd write)
The configuration data is divided into four categories which include 
per RBridge, per nickname per RBridge, per port per RBridge, and per 
VLAN per RBridge.

Page 24
Email is formatted two ways
EMail:
and
Email:
It would be nice if they were the same.

Also email for Hongjun Zhai is not included. I do not know if that is 
an oversight or intentional.

gayle

---

From: Haoweiguo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 01:35:24 +0000

Thanks Gayle. Will consider your comments and update the draft ASAP.

weiguo

________________________________
From: gayle noble [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 11:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [trill] my thoughts on draft-ietf-trill-yang-00

page 3

page 3
3. Design of Data model second paragraph second sentence
(missing a comma between "RBridge and")
(as written)
The configuration data is divided into four categories which include per RBridge, per nickname per RBridge, per port per RBridge and per VLAN per RBridge.
(I'd write)
The configuration data is divided into four categories which include per RBridge, per nickname per RBridge, per port per RBridge, and per VLAN per RBridge.

Page 24

Also email for Hongjun Zhai is not included. I do not know if that is an oversight or intentional.

gayle