Subject: [trill] Protocol Action: 'TRILL: Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active Access' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:35:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL: Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active Access'
  (draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname/

Technical Summary

   Active-active access at the TRILL edge is the extension of flow
   level multi-pathing and rapid fail-over service available in the
   interior of a TRILL campus to end stations that are multiply
   connected to a TRILL campus edge as discussed in RFC 7379. In this
   document, a Virtual RBridge's pseudo-nickname represents the edge
   RBridge group providing active-active access to such an end
   station.

Working Group Summary

   Early discussion in the TRILL WG favored a pseudo-node nickname
   approach similar to that in this draft. Later analysis resulted in
   the three alternatives described in the Introduction to
   draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach. Two of these, which can be
   deployed simultaneously in a TRILL campus, are being advanced by
   the WG, an evolved version of alternative 1 using a pseudo-nickname
   in this draft and alternative 3 in draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-
   attach.

   There was good WG support for this draft.

Document Quality

  This document was developed by the WG over a two-year period. The
   document is of good quality and is being implemented.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Donald Eastlake, 3rd
   Responsible Area Director: Alia Atlas