Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-cmt-08.txt> (Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 14:18:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL'
  <draft-ietf-trill-cmt-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non-TRILL networks via
   choice of an Appointed Forwarder for a set of VLANs. Appointed
   Forwarders provide load sharing based on VLAN with an active-standby
   model. High performance applications require an active-active load-
   sharing model. The Active-Active load-sharing model can be
   accomplished by representing any given non-TRILL network with a
   single virtual RBridge. Virtual representation of the non-TRILL
   network with a single RBridge poses serious challenges in multi-
   destination RPF (Reverse Path Forwarding) check calculations. This
   document specifies required enhancements to build Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF
   issues. CMT provides flexibility to RBridges in selecting desired
   path of association to a given TRILL multi-destination distribution
   tree. This document updates RFC 6325.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2225/