Subject: [trill] IPR Disclosure Alvaro Retana's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-trill-address-flush belonging to Cisco Technology, Inc.

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 08:07:35 -0800

Dear Hao Weiguo, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd, Li Yizhou, Mohammed Umair:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "TRILL:
Address Flush Message" (draft-ietf-trill-address-flush) was submitted to
the IETF Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page of
Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3141/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Alvaro Retana's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-trill-address-flush belonging to Cisco Technology, Inc."

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 13:54:37 -0500

Weiguo, Donald, Yizhou, and Mohammed: 

My understanding is that this IPR is the one we discussion on list prior to
sending this to the IESG.  Do I understand correctly? 

Sue Hares 

-----Original Message-----
From: trill [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of IETF Secretariat
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [trill] IPR Disclosure Alvaro Retana's Statement about IPR related
to draft-ietf-trill-address-flush belonging to Cisco Technology, Inc.

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "TRILL:
Address Flush Message" (draft-ietf-trill-address-flush) was submitted to the
IETF Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual
Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3141/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Alvaro Retana's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-trill-address-flush belonging to Cisco Technology, Inc."

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 13:58:36 -0500

Trill WG: 

I was mistaken in my understanding of this new IPR is from Cisco (author
Dave Oran).   It says a related IPR was made for draft-retana-marp
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/113/).

I will investigate this and why Alvaro Retana indicated this IPR should be
indicated on this draft. 

Sue Hares 

-----Original Message-----
From: trill [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of IETF Secretariat
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [trill] IPR Disclosure Alvaro Retana's Statement about IPR related

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 12:07:20 -0800

On February 7, 2018 at 1:58:42 PM, Susan Hares ([email-masked]) wrote:

Hi!

As I was reviewing draft-ietf-trill-address-flush for this week’s IESG
Telechat, I realized that I had worked on a similar solution (many years
ago) and that cisco has related IPR.  According to rfc8179 I disclosed that
as soon as possible — sorry I hadn’t read this document earlier in the
process.

My note about the declaration for draft-retana-marp is to point out that
the patent that I think is related to draft-ietf-trill-address-flush had
already been disclosed by cisco back then.

Alvaro.