Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-unique-nickname-04.txt> (TRILL Multilevel Using Unique Nicknames) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:55:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL Multilevel
Using Unique Nicknames'
  <draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-unique-nickname-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TRILL routing can be extended to support multiple levels by building
   on the multilevel feature of IS-IS routing. Depending on how
   nicknames are managed, there are two primary alternatives to realize
   TRILL multilevel: the unique nickname approach and the aggregated
   nickname approach as discussed in RFC 8243. This document specifies a
   unique nickname approach. This approach gives unique nicknames to all
   TRILL switches across the multilevel TRILL campus.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-unique-nickname/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-unique-nickname/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.