Subject: [trill] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 12:32:14 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Mirja about the status of L4S, but would go even farther - L4S is
only one of the ECN experiments that https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8311/
was intended to accommodate, so you might want to capture that in the appendix
(basically saying "L4S is one example of the ways TRILL ECN handling may
evolve", or something like that).

Is

  If an RBridge supports ECN, for the two cases of an IP and a non-IPR
   inner packet, the egress behavior is as follows:

really "non-IPR"? I'm guessing it should be "non-IP".

s/significnat/significant/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:13:23 -0500

Hi Spencer,

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Spencer Dawkins
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...

OK.

> really "non-IPR"? I'm guessing it should be "non-IP".

Yeah, probably not good to make last minutes changes in a draft while
you are on vacation for a few days :-)

> s/significnat/significant/

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]