Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-vendor-channel-00.txt> (TRILL: Vendor Specific TRILL Channel Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:01:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL: Vendor
Specific TRILL Channel Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-trill-vendor-channel-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol is implemented by devices called TRILL switches or RBridges
   (Routing Bridges). TRILL includes a general mechanism, called RBridge
   Channel, for the transmission of typed messages between RBridges in
   the same campus and between RBridges and end stations on the same
   link. This document specifies a method to send vendor specific
   messages over the RBridge Channel facility.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-vendor-channel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-vendor-channel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.