Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-08.txt> (TRILL Smart Endnodes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:09:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL Smart
Endnodes'
  <draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft addresses the problem of the size and freshness of the
   endnode learning table in edge RBridges, by allowing endnodes to
   volunteer for endnode learning and encapsulation/decapsulation.  Such
   an endnode is known as a "Smart Endnode".  Only the attached edge
   RBridge can distinguish a "Smart Endnode" from a "normal endnode".
   The smart endnode uses the nickname of the attached edge RBridge, so
   this solution does not consume extra nicknames.  The solution also
   enables Fine Grained Label aware endnodes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2069/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2054/