Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 21:29:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: ECN (Explicit Congestion Notification) Support
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-02-04

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices, including the destination, of the onset of
   congestion without having to drop packets. This can improve network
   efficiency through better congestion control without packet drops.
   This document extends ECN to TRILL switches, including integration
   with IP ECN, and provides for ECN marking in the TRILL Header
   Extension Flags Word (see RFC 7179).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/