Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls-07.txt> (TRILL Transparent Transport over MPLS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:10:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL Transparent
Transport over MPLS'
  <draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies methods to interconnect multiple Transparent
   Interconnection of Lots of links (TRILL) sites with an intervening
   MPLS network using existing TRILL and VPLS standards. This draft
   addresses two problems as follows:

   1) Providing connection between more than two TRILL sites that are
      separated by an MPLS provider network.

   2) Providing a single logical virtualized TRILL network for different
      tenants that are separated by an MPLS provider network.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.