Subject: [trill] RFC 8397 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Multilevel Using Unique Nicknames

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 16:47:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8397

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL) Multilevel Using Unique Nicknames 
        Author:     M. Zhang, 
                    D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    R. Perlman, 
                    H. Zhai,
                    D. Liu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35028
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-unique-nickname-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8397

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8397

TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) routing can be
extended to support multiple levels by building on the multilevel
feature of IS-IS routing.  Depending on how nicknames are managed,
there are two primary alternatives to realize TRILL multilevel: the
unique nickname approach and the aggregated nickname approach as
discussed in RFC 8243.  This document specifies a unique nickname
approach.  This approach gives unique nicknames to all TRILL switches
across the multilevel TRILL campus.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC