Subject: TSV thoughts for the upcoming IESG retreat

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:28:47 -0500

Dear TSV maevens,

Martin and I will be meeting with the rest of the IESG during the first
week in May, and the IESG and IAB spend one day together.

It's worth your ADs asking if there are things that the TSV area needs the
IESG to think about.

Martin and I have collected significant input about what we should ask
Nomcom for in the position description for TSV ADs, so I think you can take
that as read (and, in any case, we'll be sending the position description
to TSV-Area for comments prior to launching it Nomcom-ward).

Is there anything else we should be aware of? If so, please reply on the
TSV-Area list.

Thanks,

Your humble ADs

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:42:10 +0300

Hi Spencer,

I think you guys as Transport ADs will have a lot of interesting info
for the IESG this time around. All the work around evolving the
Transport layer is very important and is getting a lot of attention in
the industry (i.e., outside the IETF).

All the work that is coming and will come after the IAB's workshop is
very relevant. Also, the IESG should be made aware of the possibility of
QUIC coming to the IETF in a relatively short time frame. The evolution
of SCTP and its new use cases (e.g., RTCWeb data channels) is also
important for the IESG to know.

Of course, the relationship between IETF standardization and all the
open source work around transport protocols (even more when some of them
are implemented in user space) is also very relevant.

I am sure most ADs are aware of most of the topics above at a high
level. You need to decide if you want to provide them with more details
on some of them.

Also, please keep us updated on the topics the rest of the IESG decides
to share during the retreat... especially during the evenings over a few
beers :-)

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On 17/04/2015 6:28 PM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
> It's worth your ADs asking if there are things that the TSV area needs
> the IESG to think about.
> 
> Nomcom for in the position description for TSV ADs, so I think you can
> take that as read (and, in any case, we'll be sending the position
> description to TSV-Area for comments prior to launching it Nomcom-ward).
>