Subject: [Tsv-art] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case-15: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 04:54:20 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Mirja that David Black's TSV-ART review (included as a
Comment in Mirja's ballot) is worth a look before the draft goes to the
RFC Editor.

To the IESG: I don't object to the publication of this document, but my
impression was that much of the text is describing use cases for NVO3
products, with less attention being paid to unique requirements of each
use case for protocol work in the IETF, which is why IETF working groups
need to think about use cases in the first place. Maybe that's worth
keeping in mind for any future use case drafts that the IESG will be
evaluating?