Subject: [Tsvwg] Question regarding the SCPS protocol

From: "Davenport Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:09:01 -0500

All,

I hope this is the right forum for this question and if it isn't, please let
me know.  I am doing some testing of the SCPS protocol (along w/ other
proprietary devices) for transport over satellite links w/ chara. of high
BER and long delays; a comparison/contrast/performance study.  I basically
know what this protocol can do, but I wanted to poll the community who may
have extensive use with this protocol on how they feel about it and if it is
worth the investment/time to investigate further.  Any comments would be
welcome (dislikes, likes, issues, etc...).  If anyone is interested I could
supply the results when we are finished.  Thanks...

v/r,

Michael Davenport

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:55:09 -0800

Michael-

There is a community of people who have played with SCPS and you'll be
better able to reach them via the TCP over Satellite mailing list
([email-masked]).  You also might consider reading the following:

RFC2488: Enhancing TCP Over Satellite Channels using Standard Mechanisms
RFC2760: Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites

Since you are doing testing, you might also consider reading

http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/papers/tcp-evaluation.ps

Hope this helps,

--aaron

--On Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:09:01 AM -0500 Davenport Michael
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> All,
> 
> I hope this is the right forum for this question and if it isn't, please
> let me know.  I am doing some testing of the SCPS protocol (along w/ other
> have extensive use with this protocol on how they feel about it and if it
> is worth the investment/time to investigate further.  Any comments would
> be welcome (dislikes, likes, issues, etc...).  If anyone is interested I
> could supply the results when we are finished.  Thanks...
> 
> 
> v/r,
> 
> Michael Davenport
> 
> 
> 
>