Subject: [Tsvwg] references on RTT distribution (expanded)

From: Liangping Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:31:05 -0500 (EST)

Based on experiments, Mukherjee in 1994 reported that the Round-trip Time
(RTT) along a certain Internet path follows a shifted Gamma distribution.
But he did not give any theoretical explanation. Does anyone know if there
is one proposed after 1994? If the answer is yes, please give me some
references. Thanks!

Mukherjee's results are in "On the dynamics and significance of low
frequency components of Internet load", A. Mukherjee, December 1994,
Internetworking: Research and Experience, Vol.5, pp. 163-205.

And they are also mentioned in Vern Paxson's "End-to-End Internet Packet
Dynamics", ACM SIGCOMM, Sep. 1997.

Liangping Ma

Sincerely yours,
Liangping Ma

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg