Subject: [Tsvwg] Anyone know any statistical analysis of RTO algorithm?

From: Liangping Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:42:30 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone know if there is any rigorous statistical analysis of TCP's
Retransmission Timeout (RTO) algorithm? If there is, please give me some
references.

I am currently working on an analysis based on an auto-regressive model of
the RTT process.

Thanks!

Liangping Ma

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:03:22 -0500

> Does anyone know if there is any rigorous statistical analysis of
> TCP's Retransmission Timeout (RTO) algorithm? If there is, please
> give me some references.

Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I'll flog...

    Mark Allman, Vern Paxson. On Estimating End-to-End Network Path
    Properties. ACM SIGCOMM, September 1999.
    http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/papers/estimation.ps

Hope that helps!

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg