Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP implementors guide comments...

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:23:40 -0600

Hi:

I have two comments (there may be more later on :>)
on the implementors guide (I am reviewing notes and
attempting to get it updated for the next rev :-0)

1) In the current pass the wording in 2.14.2
    the new wording for 7.2.1 changes it so that
    "the cwnd of the transport address MUST be adjusted to
     2*MTU." I feel this is a bit to strong... for a couple
    of reasons:

    a) In some networks (ones I have been playing wish) you do
       tend to get a spike in the RTO which have little to do
       with congestion. In such a case I think it a bit extreme
       to take away all of the cwnd... especially the networks
       I am working with that take a long time to ramp back up.

    b) I don't see the same restriction in TCP.

    Now, what I think is this MUST should be a SHOULD... since
    SHOULD means unless you have a really really really good reason
    you should follow this... MUST seems way to strong for me.

2) I am incorporating Armando's text clearification (stated
    a while back) for section 2.8 (regarding sack gap ack blocks).
    I see no follow up and his clearification makes sense :>

Thats all for now :>

R
-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] 815-342-5222 (cell phone)

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg