Subject: [Tsvwg] Request for feedback about the Localized RSVP

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:59:54 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

I had a short presentation of the Localized RSVP extension to RSVP at the
last IETF meeting. The ADs proposed that I should see from the working
group people, whether there is interest in doing something like we have
proposed, to have a mechanism for setting up local resource reservations.
The draft has motivations about when this would be a useful thing. Thus,
if people could read the draft (it is not that long :) and answer to two
questions:

1) Is the concept of local resource reservations a good idea in the first
place?

2) If the above answer was "yes", is our approach using RSVP a good one,
and could be taken further in the TSVWG?

The announcement and a link to the draft is below.

Best regards,
Jukka Manner

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title           : Localized RSVP
        Author(s)       : J. Manner et al.
        Filename        : draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 2003-1-14
        
Guaranteed QoS for multimedia applications is based on reserved
resources in each node on the end-to-end path. Even if the
correspondent node does not support QoS, it would be useful to be
able to reserve at least local resources at the access network,
especially wireless link resources. Additionally, for mobile nodes
the continuity of QoS is disturbed due to end-to-end signaling or
slow re-reservations of resources after each handover. This draft
proposes a simple enhancement to RSVP, so that initial resource
reservations and re-reservations due to host mobility can be done
locally in an access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg